Vortech Supercharger v3 lifespan

wanta350

FI section a bit dead?? 50k I'd start to get worried about the engine, they're seem to be a few consumables on the vortech as in belts, not heard anything else. Might be worth to see how much it's to recondition the blower itself though. It all depends on how it was driven too though. (and looked after and serviced), obviously it's also a price question. How much is it?

it's on a car already.....

car itself is priced around £12k....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3130710.htm

B) looks sweet, might want to get dyno printouts from the runs in Abbey, it doesn't say anything about if the fuel pump is ugraded or injectors and what ECU system it uses *utec or uprev etc. Have you talked to the seller? Not sure the guys in TDI or Abbey would give out such information without consent from the seller ( I wouldn't like my tuner / mech or whatever handing out information willy nilly)

Would be more concerned about the internals running 400hp's for that length of time. The Ray's fecth pretty high prices second hand :thumbs:

incorporating Split Second Engine Management System using R4 Software

That was done by us a long time ago , way before Uprev was in the UK.

Strange it has had HKS head gasket's fitted thou.

It was a nice car when we last saw the car.

Yeah, I thought that strange "The essential head gasket upgrade" :dry: I've not heard of anyone else with a Vortech needing that? :shrug:

Regarding longevity and mileage, no hard and fast rule. It's obviously had the best chance being fitted and tuned at Abbey in the first place and appears to have been well maintained. The V3 has it's own oil reservoir so oil needs changing separately from the engine oil. I would be checking the service history/looking for evidence of that, as a normal garage wouldn't change it unless asked to.

My main concern would be why and when the head gasket was changed as this wouldn't normally need doing with the relatively low boost produced by the Vortech so could have been a failure at some point. Has the pulley been changed for more boost or is it the stock 3.33" ??

Have a read over on my350z.com, there are loads of threads about reliability and mileage...there are cars that blow at just a few thousand miles (usually a bad tune) and those that are set up nicely can do 150k +