Off to see Horsham tomorrow...Results in!

CaptainSensible

So, had a successful trip down to Horsham today. Good to meet the guys at Horsham, very happy with the work they did on my car. Would certainly use them again, especially if they were a bit closer to Bristol!

Had the all important remap. Came out unmapped as just over 270bhp which is a fair bit down on what Nissan quote but I suspect that is the case with most manufacturers. After the remap came out as smack on 290 bhp which is a good 15+ bhp gain.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

So how does the car compare? Well with the plenum spacer and lower MREV2 it sounds noticeably throatier, especially at low revs. After the remap it also feels a bit sharper and nimbler, although I would disagree with statements I've read on here before about it transforming the car. It's certainly an improvement, and turns a great car into a slightly greater car, but its not as dramatic as some might have you believe.

So in summary my car now sounds faster and goes faster so I'm happy. If you're thinking of getting a remap I think its certainly worth £400, but I wouldn't expect it to turn your car into a fire breathing monster.

Also a big thanks to Charles at B2 Auto Designs for supply the spacer and MREV2, and ZMANALEX for supplying the spark plugs. Next job new wheels!

Good work guys :thumbs:

Maybe we should have a RR day with Jez and Surry RR. We did one before and it was a good day. Would be interested to see what mine hits on rollers vs hub dyno (I know I know cant compare the two given different conditions etc, but still interesting to see)