Tail Lights not working

Tank1978

Hi all wondered if you could help this newbie out as im stumped.

Was driving to Luton airport late in the evening when the driver in the next lane was pointing at my tail lights, i stopped at the next junction when i released that my tail lights weren't working and im sure they were before! So the first thing i did was checked the fuses but I can only find one marked tail under the hood and ive replaced although it wasn't blown it but still no joy....everything else works, brake lights indicators etc just no tail lights very strange..can some tell me if im missing something obvious...any help would be appreciated before taking it to the stealership.

2003 350z uk spec

thanks

Tank

Hi all wondered if you could help this newbie out as im stumped.

Was driving to Luton airport late in the evening when the driver in the next lane was pointing at my tail lights, i stopped at the next junction when i released that my tail lights weren't working and im sure they were before! So the first thing i did was checked the fuses but I can only find one marked tail under the hood and ive replaced although it wasn't blown it but still no joy....everything else works, brake lights indicators etc just no tail lights very strange..can some tell me if im missing something obvious...any help would be appreciated before taking it to the stealership.

2003 350z uk spec

thanks

Tank

Tail Light Bulbs :shrug:

hi guys

when i checked under the hood, the space in the fuse box for tail lights was empty it didnt even have a fuse, but I put one in anyway and still no difference, then I checked the kick panel but none of them say tail lights so is there a fuse that does multiple things ive also checked the owners manual which is useless as it doesn't give me a diagram or anything

looks like im going to have to remove the plastic interior and its attached to a metal clamp so a weekend job, i just dont understand really there must be another fuse or something

Remove the tail lamps to get to the tail lamp bulb. :thumbs:

Gently flick off the 3 black plastic bolt covers to expose the 3 retaining bolts.

It is only a 5 minute job. :thumbs:

Alex. :)

cheers guys after ringing around the stealerships they weren't much help but i have noticed that my side lights are also not working so basically there must be one fuse for this, so no side lights or tails lights, this is the cream lol

ok this all could be head unit related, found out that there is a 3rd fuse box located on the wingside of the battery and have located the tail light fuse that keeps blowing its a 10amp. If I remove the stereo and disconnect it the lights work and i get no blown fuse, if i re connect the stereo it instantly blows, funny though if i disconnect the arial it makes the head unit turn off when i switch the lights back on but i dont get a blown fuse its like it directs the power to where its needed....please help someone lol

• 4 months later...
Sorry to dig up this thread but did you get this sorted? I have the same problem.

Thanks

Lyndsey

The fuse box behind the battery has the fuse for the tail lights and side lights.

It will almost certainly be this if they are all out. :thumbs:

It was on mine a while ago :D