Is it possible to retrofit Cruise Control...?

marzman

Hi all...

My zed is a JDM model, and i think it has every possible factory option. Unfortunately that includes the very rare Nissan MOMO steering wheel - which doesnt have any buttons on it - hence i dont have Cruise Control :thumbdown:

Has anyone tried to retrofit cruise control before to a non-cruise control car? I'm pretty sure if i swapped the wheel for a normal wheel the wiring would already be there... :shrug:

Anyone one wanna swap wheels with me? :ninja:

Hi all...

My zed is a JDM model, and i think it has every possible factory option. Unfortunately that includes the very rare Nissan MOMO steering wheel - which doesnt have any buttons on it - hence i dont have Cruise Control :thumbdown:

Has anyone tried to retrofit cruise control before to a non-cruise control car? I'm pretty sure if i swapped the wheel for a normal wheel the wiring would already be there... :shrug:

I think Mark at abbey says its possible. I have a steering wheel with the buttons but its not on my car. Id be up for a swap with that momo wheel :cloud9:

Hi all...

I think Mark at abbey says its possible. I have a steering wheel with the buttons but its not on my car. Id be up for a swap with that momo wheel :cloud9:

Hey pal... possibly very interested in this if we can find out for sure. What condition is it in? Any lacquer peel on the plastic panels?

Hi all...

Hey pal... possibly very interested in this if we can find out for sure. What condition is it in? Any lacquer peel on the plastic panels?

Il get some pics up. I hope it is possible as I have a jdm too :lol:

When i replaced my steering where i lost the cruise control buttons. Im gonna see at some stage if i can move the buttons from my old wheel and mount on the centre console. If you have the wiring going to the column you may be able to do the same thing. iirc when i took the old wheel off theres on a few wires going to the panel, i dont think it will be that hard to re-locate it.

When i replaced my steering where i lost the cruise control buttons. Im gonna see at some stage if i can move the buttons from my old wheel and mount on the centre console. If you have the wiring going to the column you may be able to do the same thing. iirc when i took the old wheel off theres on a few wires going to the panel, i dont think it will be that hard to re-locate it.

Cheers Mark.

I guess i'll need to find out what the cruise control wires are and then whip my wheel off and have a butchers...

Don't know if it's any help Marzman but A1 Japspares in manchester had several 350s in their yard when I went looking for a replacement "w" brace last week.

For a look at or parts/loom????

Cheers Leon...

will do my reading first and see what i need, but may be useful if a loom is required. :thumbs:

You got your name down for the Trafford Center meet on the 18th yet...??

Funnily enough, when I still had my JDM Honda Prelude, I purchased an aftermarket steering wheel for it and relocated the cruise control buttons to the centre console.

All I did was remember what colour wire went where and then just snipped the cruise control loom nearest the steering column and extended the wires and job was done

Funnily enough, when I still had my JDM Honda Prelude, I purchased an aftermarket steering wheel for it and relocated the cruise control buttons to the centre console.

All I did was remember what colour wire went where and then just snipped the cruise control loom nearest the steering column and extended the wires and job was done

Thats exactly what i intend to do. End of the day if it dont work ill just join the wires back together and leave as it is.

Im not sure how Nissan compares to VW`s but when I retro fitted cruise control to my old golf, not only did I have to fit the controls and wire them into the loom, but I had to enable cruise control on the cars ECU using the ODB2 software. Easily done tho.