Im back in the Zed

sl114

You naughty boy!

Well in a few days you will be allowed to humiliate yourself again in a Custard car. :yahoo:

Obviously you mean humilate everyone else in my B) car!

Well maybe, but thats because they are humilated for looking at it and feeling humiliated for you ;)

Hang in there mate. I'm teetering on the edge of disqualification too on 9 points. Have been all year. :scare: Just got to survive till February, then August..... :ninja:

Thats not too bad, but I would have to teeter around for two years on 9 points if they had given me six points :scare:

Dude, how can a ban be better than points? Surely not? When you apply for insurance they ask for points + disqual info?

Of course they do. If I had been given the points I would of been on the verge of 12 points for the next 2 years. 12 points also means an automatic 6 month ban, loss of job, sale of car, loss of house, loss of girlfriend and lots of other horrible things. :scare:

Sarnie is right, short term points are sometimes better than points, simply as you go back to zero and hence have 12 more opportunities to clock some more up, as opposed to getting 12 points and getting a long term band. However I would expect a ban to affect your insurance much worse than points as you still have to declare it

Sarnie is right, short term points are sometimes better than points, simply as you go back to zero and hence have 12 more opportunities to clock some more up, as opposed to getting 12 points and getting a long term band. However I would expect a ban to affect your insurance much worse than points as you still have to declare it

Whats a few hundred quid when you could lose everything by losing your license?

I heard that you dont need to tell your insurance company about 3 points, however when you get 6 or more, you do need to.

This came from my gorgeous Policewoman friend who just got some points for speeding and her CO told her that.

Very interesting i think ;)

Hang in there mate. I'm teetering on the edge of disqualification too on 9 points. Have been all year. :scare: Just got to survive till February, then August..... :ninja:

Thats not too bad, but I would have to teeter around for two years on 9 points if they had given me six points :scare:

The problem is I can't teeter!! Drive the same now as I ever did. I just can't help myself. It's Penalty Point Russian Roulette!! :scare:

I heard that you dont need to tell your insurance company about 3 points, however when you get 6 or more, you do need to.

This came from my gorgeous Policewoman friend who just got some points for speeding and her CO told her that.

Very interesting i think ;)

Incorrect. You must advise your insurance company of any points. The first 3 points however do not adversely affect your premium though. From 6 onwards is when it begins to affact your premium. You also do not need to inform of any points or offences untill your policy is up for renewal as all policies are underwritten at the point of inception for the following 12 months. At renewal they send you the renewal based on last years info and its at that point that you have to inform them of any indescretions :thumbs:

USER TIP ( from some one with 9 pts...) I find that little red light (gear change warning...) very usefull if correctly matched for 70-75mph and 5th gear... as if you go over this speed you'll get the red light on... very annoying but effective. (it is quite a low rpm , so when accelerating you'll see it very frequently... but once your are at cruising speed, it should be only when you break the speed limit you set yourself...

Motorways and A-roads are spent preventing the red light going on....

this public service advice has been brought to you by Mr Captain Sensible...

USER TIP ( from some one with 9 pts...) I find that little red light (gear change warning...) very usefull if correctly matched for 70-75mph and 5th gear... as if you go over this speed you'll get the red light on... very annoying but effective. (it is quite a low rpm , so when accelerating you'll see it very frequently... but once your are at cruising speed, it should be only when you break the speed limit you set yourself...

Thanks for the tip Captain. You could use cruise control you know. :teeth:

Thanks for the tip Captain. You could use cruise control you know. :teeth:

If you have it! I do and it's bloody marvelous for tedious motorway drives!