Road Fund Licence

DaddyCee

well its not going to go down so if its going to change it will only go up.

i decide if to buy 6 or 12 months based on when my MOT / service / insurance is due.. try and stagger the dates as much as possible so as to lessen the blow. MOT / service / insurance and road tax all out of the same paycheck with def ruin your day :lol:

well its not going to go down so if its going to change it will only go up.

i decide if to buy 6 or 12 months based on when my MOT / service / insurance is due.. try and stagger the dates as much as possible so as to lessen the blow. MOT / service / insurance and road tax all out of the same paycheck with def ruin your day :lol:

There's a very simple solution to this. Have a second bank account and put 1/12th of the MOT, service, tax and insurance into it each month. The result is:

1. You have the cash ready in twelve months time.

2. You could earn some interest.

3. You learn some financial lessons!

4. If your insurance goes down in 12 months time you get to take your better half out for a meal and amaze them with your financial prowess :D

Do this for all your annual expenditures and you won't get caught short... :clap:

Simples :-)

There's a very simple solution to this. Have a second bank account and put 1/12th of the MOT, service, tax and insurance into it each month. The result is:

1. You have the cash ready in twelve months time.

2. You could earn some interest.

3. You learn some financial lessons!

4. If your insurance goes down in 12 months time you get to take your better half out for a meal and amaze them with your financial prowess :D

Do this for all your annual expenditures and you won't get caught short... :clap:

Simples :-)

yeah ok good advice.... i dont actually have a prob with it all coming in on one month and it wont make me cry if it all does.. if i couldnt afford to run the car or it was tight i wouldnt have bought it..

still good advice for anyone who is running a bit tight... :thumbs:

Can't wait till next time - £460! :yuck:

It's gone up again?! :rant: I actually dread to think what each mile has cost in my Zed in the last year. Factor in depreciation from the forecourt, fuel costs, tax for the year, insurance and the ridiculously low amount of miles I do and it's staggering. Still I do love it which is why I'm going to take it out now since it's a nice summer night.

It's gone up again?! :rant: I actually dread to think what each mile has cost in my Zed in the last year. Factor in depreciation from the forecourt, fuel costs, tax for the year, insurance and the ridiculously low amount of miles I do and it's staggering. Still I do love it which is why I'm going to take it out now since it's a nice summer night.

Husky reckons with fuel his Zed has cost him (including all the stuff you mentioned) around 20k in 2 years. :scare:

Husky reckons with fuel his Zed has cost him (including all the stuff you mentioned) around 20k in 2 years. :scare:

Yeah, but anyone who bought new, like myself, was already happy with worse than that because in my case I would be keeping it at least 5-6 years. Huskies was 2 or 3 years old already when he bought it wasn't it? Is that 20K minus the sale proceeds?