Carnetix P1900

LIlliput 7" Screen

Logitiec Mini Keyboard/Joypad

Joycon EX

Rear Camera

OBD Reader

C200 Video Camera Input

USB GPS

Onto the fitting the standard housing that comes in the non nav modules doesn't allow enough space to fit a screen in the cubby as you can see below

02425077.jpg

So i had to order a different unit

once order it was time to get on with the fitting of the screen, no real pics of this as it kinda just fits in and gets glued in place....

but once fitted allows it to look like this

de3f7279.jpg

So with the screen in place it was time to modify the computer to work with the PSU

In order for it to work we have to make an additional switch input on the main board

So computer before

435cfa38.jpg

Computer with its top off

5f7fb74f.jpg

Locate power switch board this is top left of the computer case

d41ba301.jpg

771c9087.jpg

Once removed it looks like this

239a23be.jpg

the contacts themselves are just a standard short to make connection effectively a normally open shorted to normally closed

once connected to i then ran a cable through the case onto a connection on the rear.

that's as far as i got tonight but here are the finished pics today

fdd3ef69.jpg

2e9c2dec.jpg

2a0f6d87.jpg

the screen is being blurred out by my down lighter in the front room doesn't look like this when in natural light

Rabs

IM using a R3700

ITs all installed now but got a slight problem with the audio from the PC im hoping its just a software/hardware problem, its sounding like the board in the pc was being overdriven and to get a good level of sound the radio had to be at 31...... not good lol

but yet if i used my laptop or my iphone the audio sounded great and worked great...

IM using a R3700

ITs all installed now but got a slight problem with the audio from the PC im hoping its just a software/hardware problem, its sounding like the board in the pc was being overdriven and to get a good level of sound the radio had to be at 31...... not good lol

but yet if i used my laptop or my iphone the audio sounded great and worked great...

good choice on the 3700, pretty powerful for something so small :thumbs:

can't help on the audio front tho.

So here is the new Carnetix loom Made up and measurement made on where to run the cables as with 90% of my work i braided the cables and heat shrunk the ends

0d21722b.jpg

Here is the new pc Location

99399903.jpg

there is a gap under neath here which was ideal to store the PSU and any other ancillary items in

so with that in place time to mount the camera

d68fc265.jpg

3283dec3.jpg

So onto the checklist

Rear Camera - DOne

Sat Nav -Done

AUX input on headunit - Done

OBD Reader - Outstanding

Fit New screen in cubby hole -Done

Power New screen of same psu as PC - Done

Automatic switching of rear Camera -Done

Sort out poor audio quality - Done

So with the above list 99% completed here is the finished article

88a38bb9.jpg

719b73db.jpg

52e4b0d3.jpg

NOw the screen

975bd193.jpg

54495970.jpg

594deeee.jpg

975bd193.jpg

d1cf48f6.jpg

Now for a few videos

th_f6d0e848.jpg

th_89c58086.jpg

The revo has been stuck in Place with strong and thick Velcro to help with vibrations I will be replacing the pc at a later date and upgrade to a SSD drive but the plan is to get everything working finalise all little tweaks then clone the system

Guess I'm not well known enough yet to get lots or response lol

The revo has been stuck in Place with strong and thick Velcro to help with vibrations I will be replacing the pc at a later date and upgrade to a SSD drive but the plan is to get everything working finalise all little tweaks then clone the system

nice one and yes a SSD would be the way forward, very quick boot times as well :thumbs:

Looks good, very similar to the way I did mine a few years ago. HDD will be fine, mine lasted a good few years before I took it out and still going as a desktop PC now.

You need to ditch the crappy Centrafuse nav though. Not sure what is around now, but I was using NavMii. Wasnt the greatest nav but miles better than the Centrafuse nav.

the Reverse camera was fitted without removing the Bumper im very good at getting cables through body panels lolit has only been fitted with a self tapping screw so far but this will be getting adapted to have expanding rubber nuts in there less vibration

The acute angel gives me enough to see the back of the bumper which is all i care about if i can see it in the pic i dont need to go any further back lol

haven't got the OBD working yet as it took me a while on the lexus i had to make some driver setting changes if memory serves so need to track it down again

The centrafuse nav system came with the version i got so using it now lol the old system i built had Navmii as the nav and it did work better and was easier to navigate but the centrafuse fits better with the audio settings and the features for the road like flashing when you approach a round about etc...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...