Fiat 500

TomS

Missus is looking at a new car, said she's had enough of my Fiesta and wants a Fiat 500. I know they're literally the same car as the new Ford KA besides the outer shell and that's what you pay for, but it's a woman. She wants something pretty!

Anyone had any experiences with them? Wives/Girlfriends/Boyfriends got one? Trying to find a members club online to see if there are any common problems but they all seem to be for the old 500.

Been for a drive in one of the twin air ones, sounded like a diesel, really loud and clunky. Think she wants 1.2 for the cheaper tax and better fuel consumption. I like them, look decent and drive decent. Hopefully I don't find many known problems with them or any that are quite costly.

Thanks for the tips Lexx, found a couple of good threads on here :thumbs:

I think the test drive is always a great idea.

The only other issue with the 500 range is all the different models it’s a bit complicated with all the different special editions, my sister bought a "Diesel" as in the clothing company, and it looked great - Plenty of research needed, me thinks :shrug:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=fiat+500+diesel+edition&view=detail&id=92887A6647396673EB10C580C30355257CBB0216&first=0&qpvt=fiat+500+diesel+edition&FORM=IDFRIR

Been for a drive in one of the twin air ones, sounded like a diesel, really loud and clunky. Think she wants 1.2 for the cheaper tax and better fuel consumption. I like them, look decent and drive decent. Hopefully I don't find many known problems with them or any that are quite costly.

Thanks for the tips Lexx, found a couple of good threads on here :thumbs:

You'll get 40-50mpg out of the regular 1.2. Twin air maybe about 40. Fiat recently stopped taking orders for the twinair for a bit, so they could "adjust" the fuel consuption issue. No one was getting anywhere near the 60+mpg claims. It does feel much quicker than the regular 1.2 though.

My friend has always wanted one she bought it and cannot stand it any longer, she's had it 3 months and has not stopped complaining about it everytime I see her. The main problems there much too small inside the ride is hard and road noise is loud plus there over priced for what they are!

On the other hand I have just bought my daughter a Suzuki Swift 1.3 GL when I went to get it it was a 146 mile drive home I could not believe what an outstanding car it is and cruised home at 85mph for the whole journey I would seriously consider one.

I have a baby blue 500 up my drive just now!

I love it! :teeth::teeth:

It's my bosses and she left it with me to clean it and have a look at a 'clunk' when she went away on vacation. It's a diesel and does a million miles to the gallon while looking very cool.

My other half went in to buy a 500 however came out with a petrol Punto Sporting (same engine as Abarths but in a different tune) for the same money as a basic ish 500. Loads more room in it, front, back and boot. We even took it to LakeZ, only major criticism is that there is no f**king spare wheel! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

So a garage in Stockport offered £200 for my '97 Fiesta with 60k on the clock, saying that they would expect £325 at an auction. You can literally just stick the cars details into autotrader and 50 pop up at £600-900, £200 is a ridiculous offer.

I wasn't there when they offered £200 for my other car but they were also very pushy on my girlfriend for her to take some sort of paint and interior protection at £125 stating that "red paint fades in the sun". What a crock, what would they actually be doing for £125? Just giving it a quick wash with a grubby sponge and then slapping some cheap liquid wax on?

For £125 they will use supaguard or an equivelent.

Just a sponge they puncture with a knife (there is a wax type stuff pouch in it), they then cover your car in it, then buff it off.

Complete waste of money.