Wireless network and digital phone!

Stew

I have digital phones in my house, iDECT ones. They are really noisy since I put in a Dlink wireless router. It was a long time ago but I just thought somebody might have a suggestion on how to stop the white noise!

So, any ideas?

Its the radio frequency. I think the Dlink and the phones either both run at 5ghz or 2.4ghz. Thats the top and bottom of it.

You could try switching the channels on the phone, or altering the channel number of the wireless router - it may help, but chances are it will still persist in some form. Your best bet is a different phone set with a ghz frequency different to that of the wireless router :(

Its been suggested by telecoms companies that there should be a filter on each box even if not in use. Never had any problems with leaving them off boxes before though, worth trying though to make sure :)

How does that work? A filter only filters what is upstream of the filter. i.e. anything connected on the phone side of the filter has the ADSL signal filtered out. It does not affect anything upstream.