EBISU BLACK

16BT

Unbelievable!!!!! My Ebisu Black roadster is arriving any day now for delivery Jan 1 2007. :yahoo: Had no joy from 2 dealers about getting a stick of touch up paint. THEY had no luck with Nissan GB. Ring Customer Services this morning at Nissan GB and after a long wait I am told that Ebisu Black touch up paint is no longer available!!!!!!! :thumbdown: I mentioned quite forcefully that Ebisu Black is a NEW 2006 colour but I was told I would have to get it outside of Nissan. What a farce! Not a very good introduction to 350Z ownership. From other posts on this excellent site, I am not the only one in this predicament.

I know I can get it from USA as Magnetic Black, but why should I have to pay customs and carriage costs from there?

Surely no other car company treats their customers like this?

A letter to the motoring press methinks.

Ian

Guest prescience

You're not gonna get it in the UK for some time - that's annoying but a fact of life. Try ultimateZ.com in the States if you really need it ..

just checked for mag black, $4.50 cost plus $9.00 shipping so $13.50 plus 20% say or about a tenner. Not great I know

You're not gonna get it in the UK for some time - that's annoying but a fact of life. Try ultimateZ.com in the States if you really need it ..

just checked for mag black, $4.50 cost plus $9.00 shipping so $13.50 plus 20% say or about a tenner. Not great I know

that's just rubbish.

What i would do is get the colour code and get a TIN of it mixed up (even halfords do that) and resell the rest you don't need.

Also don't forget that you won't pay customs or vat on items whose total value incl. shipping is lower than about £28 IIRC.

I always get some touch up paint when I get a new car. I like to be prepared for stone chips. Have often wondered why car manufacturers don't put a touch up pen in the glove box with all new cars ,but they want your money for every little item ,so they don't do it as it would cost them.

I shall get some made up from the paint code.

Roll on the New Year.

Guest prescience

I got this wrong, shipping is actually significantly more; sorry, it wasn't the best option anyway

Its quite common for parts to take a while to become available. A friend worked at Citroen and they brought out a car with a new oil filter in it. It was about 4 months later before they could actually get a filter and ended up having to hold cars that needed them until they came in Doh

No luck with Halfords. G41 Ebisu Black not on their database.

This is ridiculous!

Azure wasn't in their database either. Tell the MANAGER (not one of the mongs working there) to look on their colour cards. that's where they found mine. Once you have done that write down the colour components and repeat at will :teeth:

• 3 weeks later...

Have got nowhere with Nissan GB customer services. They" no longer supply" this paint even though it is a 2006 colour. My supplying dealer of the new Z roadster I will be picking up in the next couple of days could not believe it.

However news for all fellow Ebisu Black Z owners. I have just received a stick of G41 Ebisu Black from USA. Only $9.99 plus postage. Found on good old Ebay. Apparently Nissan USA can't supply the paint either!

Ebay item no. is ; 270016565948

Ian