My warranty fight starts here.....

H5

Good luck H5, have you got any pics of the leather? Be interested to see

It's on the hand brake lever at the end where the button is. Looks like they've stretched it too far and it has worn through, so am worried it will split the length of the handle any time soon. Will try and get a picture at the weekend and post it up. :)

My mate told me that when he worked for a Kia dealer ( I think they sold something else crap too) that thay did everything under warranty - no questions! I told him the trouble I'd had and he laughed at how @*!# they were!

Good luck H5, have you got any pics of the leather? Be interested to see

It's on the hand brake lever at the end where the button is. Looks like they've stretched it too far and it has worn through, so am worried it will split the length of the handle any time soon. Will try and get a picture at the weekend and post it up. :)

Doesn't sound like they can dispute that to me mate

That's my point. A handbrake's purpose is to be used by hand, to apply and release a brake. If it wears under 3 yrs in my book that's not fit for purpose, so they should replace it. The wheels may be another matter, but I don't see how they can claim something they charge for as a cosmetic upgrade should be allowed to corrode and go without replacement.

I've got my legal team at work giving me some phrases and pointers!! ;)

Pics to follow later...... :)

OK, my 'Priority Complaint' has gone almost a week with no contact.

Confirmation just received from Nissan GB customer service (stop laughing!) is that yes, he hasn't called me. Apparently the department is headed by the founder of the Genius Crew.

Tomorrow, allegedly, I will be receiving a phone call. :tumbleweed:

I am not defending Nissan Motors, but leather is a very tricky area, and as a natural material it is not as durable as other Synthetic materials.

For example they have to treat the leather to ensure it can withstand Arizona Desert temperatures and Finland Winters! and UV rays and typical "spillages" (coke, water, coffee,etc...) as well as sweat, girly hand creams, oils etc...In theory you should not need to clean or touch leather other than with a damp cloth...

But if you apply cleaning fluids (even down to basic soaps) there are many that will remove all the protective coatings and natural oils, and then it is easily degraded...failing at the higher stressed areas ( folds, creases etc...)

So be careful what you report as cleaning materials...(NOTE how nissan and honda and other companies do NOT provide officially recognised leather treatment products...)

abrasion is also a good reason to reject claims... do you wear rings? do they get caught near the edge of the handbrake... etc...

regarding alloys no idea.. i've noticed the FR on mine are starting to flake a little bit and i think they have been already been resprayed once...maybe next upgrade after dampers set-up for UK roads...

KIA are very good at warranty because they need to build the image...and break into the market... so paying out a bit of warranty is an acceptable marketing ploy... Nissan I think is trying to ensure they don't end up like Ford and GM bleeding money left right and centre so they control very tightly the faults the dealers claim for. PLus they are independant franchised dealers , and they will try and rip off N if they can!

Maybe Kia dealers are run and controlled by the head office...

(and breathe....... :wacko: )

I am not defending Nissan Motors, but leather is a very tricky area, and as a natural material it is not as durable as other Synthetic materials.

For example they have to treat the leather to ensure it can withstand Arizona Desert temperatures and Finland Winters! and UV rays and typical "spillages" (coke, water, coffee,etc...) as well as sweat, girly hand creams, oils etc...In theory you should not need to clean or touch leather other than with a damp cloth...

But if you apply cleaning fluids (even down to basic soaps) there are many that will remove all the protective coatings and natural oils, and then it is easily degraded...failing at the higher stressed areas ( folds, creases etc...)

So be careful what you report as cleaning materials...(NOTE how nissan and honda and other companies do NOT provide officially recognised leather treatment products...)

abrasion is also a good reason to reject claims... do you wear rings? do they get caught near the edge of the handbrake... etc...

regarding alloys no idea.. i've noticed the FR on mine are starting to flake a little bit and i think they have been already been resprayed once...maybe next upgrade after dampers set-up for UK roads...

KIA are very good at warranty because they need to build the image...and break into the market... so paying out a bit of warranty is an acceptable marketing ploy... Nissan I think is trying to ensure they don't end up like Ford and GM bleeding money left right and centre so they control very tightly the faults the dealers claim for. PLus they are independant franchised dealers , and they will try and rip off N if they can!

Maybe Kia dealers are run and controlled by the head office...

(and breathe....... :wacko: )

No rings, no cleaning materials, just leather wearing due to poor fitment.

I understand your point and it is valid. However, having had a fair few cars with leather, this is the first I've ever had with wear like this. And my current Volvo is nearly 12 years old. That cost about £16k new, the Zed cost nearer £30k, so it's not good enough.

As for the alloys, they are designed to roll along the road and take the salt, bumps and turns needed for the product. They are corroding so I feel I should be put in the position that I don't have a cosmetic upgrade looking poor, and wheels that do not stand up to our weather.

Maybe the KIA approach would help other manufacturers, and actually look after their existing customers. GM and co losing money is more through poor design and crap cars than helping the poor victims that did take the plunge..... :)

I personally feel that if a car is put together well with quality bits then it will not need too much warrenty work done on it. If something goes wrong it should be fixed with no questions and no inconvenience!

On a 6k base model micra (or whatever they cost - the CC skip is 15K!) the quibbles might be acceptable due to low material costs. On a 30k car the material should cost more and be better quality. If it isn't then the customers will NOT return to the brand. This is what makes money!

Edited to include an additional word!

I personally feel that if a car is put together well with quality bits then it will not need too much warrenty work done on it. If something goes wrong it should be fixed with no questions and no inconvenience!

On a 6k base model micra (or whatever they cost - the CC skip is 15K!) the quibbles might be acceptable due to low material costs. On a 30k car the material should cost more and be better quality. If it isn't then the customers will NOT return to the brand. This is what makes money!

only problem is the Zed is a £15 K car, if you look what they sell for in the US , Japan etc... it's ony us silly buggers in the Uk spending £30k on them new :scare:

only problem is the Zed is a £15 K car, if you look what they sell for in the US , Japan etc... it's ony us silly buggers in the Uk spending £30k on them new :scare:

And probably a 911 Turbo a £50k car and a Veyron half what we pay etc...... Shouldn't change the car build quality or where you position it in the market...

And probably a 911 Turbo a £50k car and a Veyron half what we pay etc...... Shouldn't change the car build quality or where you position it in the market...

keep us posted Rob with the claim :thumbs:

And now I've got to wait for Mark from the dealer to RE-SUBMIT (why twice???? :wacko: ) the warranty claim for it to be passed back to Nissan GB.

By my count, that's third time over the net, the score is 15 all and the rally for the third point will be underway soon....... :thumbdown:

I agree with all of you a car of this value and this reputation for quality should be covered with warranty no questions asked.

I think the Nissan is controlling the dealers very tightly and checking every claim as they are independant and maybe in the past they have realised they got away with all sorts...

This means that in some cases some dealers might have worse reputation than others in Nissan and they might be checking them a lot more...

sounds like you dealer man did not put the claim through to N GB and tried to fob you off... maybe they have a lot hassle getting it through to N and try and avoid it...

I was lead to believe that all these franchised dealers don't make money from selling ( ... well not that much) they make money on servicing and warranty (labour charges, and parts etc...) so the more vehicles they get in for jobs the more money they make...

I think you got a bit of a duff dealer... :thumbdown:

The Bedford and Milton Keynes Dealers have been pretty good with me and my missus Micra...( yeah I know... :yuck: )

Good luck, keep insisting I think you will get this one, now that N-UK have asked the dealer to re-submit the claim... :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a very frustrating phone conversation.

My dealer's 'professional opinion' says my issues are wear and tear, so will not submit a claim to Nissan GB. So Nissan GB refuse to recognise it. Leaving me completely high and dry.

Nissan GB's advice - get a second opinion from another dealer and see if they'll submit it. WTF IS GOING ON NISSAN???? Am so angry, how is that customer service in ANY way?

'Sorry mate we're taking their word over yours so you're stuffed, and we won't listen'. I knew this would be a pain bit this takes the royal wee. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: