tyres tyres tyres.... where to get vreds?

chris24jt

Hi all,

im currently running Hankooks Ventus V12 Evo tyres all round (standard 18" 225 + 245) but am now unsure what to do so turning to the experts here.... :)

fronts are fine loads of tread left, rears have had it and need replacing as soon as my credit card rolls over in a couple weeks!

i could get 2 more Hankooks on the rear and be sorted - they seem to get favourable reviews, i have no real complaints except when i took it on a track i thought they had terrible understeer (highly likely driver error though) but couldnt fault them on road in wet/dry/snow - they have lasted around 12k miles

do i go for something else? it seems Vredesteins are highly recommended but i cant find anywhere that supplies them other than camskill? if i go that route does anyone know of a place that will fit them round york/malton area? if going for these could i get away with just rears or do i really need to fit all round? how many miles are people getting out of these?

Cheers

Chris

thanks for the tips, i have now discovered that the Hankooks are on back order and will be around two weeks for any sites/garages ordering direct from them.

the vreds are available direct from them so have gone for those at the moment, should be getting them fitted tomorrow/friday!

Vreds all the way....love them! :thumbs:

Had my rears replaced for the Vreds on 10th December 2010 as these were right on the minimum limit and the front were not available but still had a couple of mm.

Requested my local stockist ordered these immediatley after fitting my rears and to contact me once thye arrived......hopefully in 2 weeks time (Xmas approaching it was estimated to move into first week of Jan 2011).

Spoke to the stockist every 2 weeks for an update.

In the end I was so desperate.......tyres failed the MOT and after persuading the MOT tester to pass the Zed with the assurance the tyres were being replaced........which they did 4 weeks later :scare: I had the Vreds actually fitted on the day they arrived!!!

Any guesses when this was???

Yep.....3 weeks ago on 3rd July 2011 :scare: I know that is a long time to wait; almost gave up hope and was going to switch all 4 corners back to Bridgestone.

The issue was that the tyres are imported directly from Norway and they have been experiencing a high demand in their own country so they had no need to fulfill any demands in any other country including the UK.

My stockist in Norwich actually managed to secure my front 2 after contacting Vredestein with a plea stating that I wished to stick with the previously purchased tyres and brand and would use no other tyre. I did I'm afraid to say spin a little white lie or story :headhurt: about what I did in the transport industry and altogether it seemed to work :#1:

Going forward they may become more readily available as demand in Norway reduces. Internet sites I searched included the highly mentioned 'Camskill' but also tried reliable sources such as 'Elite' and if they are struggling to source the Vreds then no-one will secure them.

If you can get them.....Vreds all the Way......just ask Rtbiscuit!!!