Hamann 6 Series

Kev946

Hamann stuff is expensive but quality. I've been thinking of the rear window spoiler as a subtle mod to start me off.

The conversion I really fancy is the DMS chip which liberates and extra 31bhp, i.e. 398 bhp and removes the speed delimiter.. :thumbs:

Hamann stuff is expensive but quality. I've been thinking of the rear window spoiler as a subtle mod to start me off.

The conversion I really fancy is the DMS chip which liberates and extra 31bhp, i.e. 398 bhp and removes the speed delimiter.. :thumbs:

What is it currently limited to? How much is the DMS chip?

The car is limited to 155 mph. Not been all the way yet but it certainly get's up there much quicker than than thh Zed, which is the torque doing all the work. Not sure what the top speed would be then but expect 170 mph to be easily achievable. On a private road of course.

As for cost, I'm not sure but think it's about £700 ish, but this does come with warranty for anything BMW won't cover. There is some debate as to whether BMW can detect the chip, which makes me nervous.

The car is limited to 155 mph. Not been all the way yet but it certainly get's up there much quicker than than thh Zed, which is the torque doing all the work. Not sure what the top speed would be then but expect 170 mph to be easily achievable. On a private road of course.

As for cost, I'm not sure but think it's about £700 ish, but this does come with warranty for anything BMW won't cover. There is some debate as to whether BMW can detect the chip, which makes me nervous.

When does your warrenty expire?

Personally, I wouldn't do this. I think the 6 series has a very nice line, and adding spoilers on the boot or the window breaks that line, especially in side view.

But then again, thats my opinion, and since when does that count :surrender:

About the chip, if you dont want any hassle with BMW, just wait to do this until the car is out of warranty. It'll make your car feel "new" again, and no worries about BMW giving you the finger in case of car problems ;)

Personally, I wouldn't do this. I think the 6 series has a very nice line, and adding spoilers on the boot or the window breaks that line, especially in side view.

But then again, thats my opinion, and since when does that count :surrender:

About the chip, if you dont want any hassle with BMW, just wait to do this until the car is out of warranty. It'll make your car feel "new" again, and no worries about BMW giving you the finger in case of car problems ;)

I wouldn't go all the way on body kit, too much IMHO, but I was thinking of a rear window spoiler. Very subtle and I think it comes in carbon.

As for the chip, my current thinking is to wait until most of my warranty has gone. Trouble is that's 2.5 years. Will I keep it that long, who knows. I said I would keep the Zed for a few years but ended up selling after 13 months.

Ac Schnitzer do a nice version also:

iaa_2005_bmw_m6_ac_schnitzer_front.jpg

AC_Schnitzer_ACS6_Sport_06_1_m.jpg

ps DMS are probably the best company in the UK for remapping BMW's at the moment, though most of their maps IIRC are just of the shelf & not mapped for your car on the rollers. Though thismay not be such a bad thing anyway as most rolling roads data means bugger all.

The first one is not very nice imho, front bumper overdone, 2nd one looks much better (like the wheels) aldough again the front bumper is a bit (but less) over the top for a car of that "class"

Those ACS wheels are £4.5k in 20's... :scare:

Bargain ... if you can afford that M6

B)

I bet proportional to the value of the car they are cheaper than a set of Volks B)