Low Flood Porsche Cayenne

thebesh

Hi Guys

Thinking about trading in the Zed against a Porsche Cayenne and I've seen one on pistonheads that is good value for a 2005 model - but it's marked as "Low Flood"

I just called the garage and he says they bought it off and Insurance Company. I asked him about a trade in and he said he was at home today, but if I email him with pics and description of car he will give me a call tomorrow.

Here is the motor in question - http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3030299.htm

There's a lot of guys on here with a lot of knowledge so I thought I would ask for some opinions before going any further - is this good value, or too good to be true?

Cheers

Never, ever buy a car with flood damage unless you're prepared to write the entire cost of the car off and/or have an unlimited budget to replace everything electrically.

Leave it alone, that's really not the bargain it first seems.

Best thing about a Cayenne? Being inside so you can't see the outside...

Just don't drive past any mirrored buildings or glass shop fronts :yuck:

Dan (as always) is right.

My Dad had his Mercedes in a low flood.

Parked it in a car park... went for a walk, came back and the place was flooded (normal high street car park)

Amazing thing was, he waded out to it, checked the air box was above water, which it was, sat in the WET seats, started her up and drove her out.

Was still written of though and he new the scrap guy who bought it and tried to run it, lasted 3 months after it was "dried out" and then it all went haywire.

Leave it well alone... unless "low flood" meas 1/3 up the alloys :lol:

(and even then you would have to be blind... awful awful looking car!)

Thanks for the advice guys - I wasn't sure what the term "low flood" actually referred to, now I know I'm not touching it with a barge pole (excuse the pun) - it would defo explain why the back of the front seats looked a bit iffy to me. The garage never got in touch today so not that fussed.

I did speak to another garage about another Cayenne and was told I would only get 12k for my 2008 Zed for a trade in. Wasn't too impressed with that so not sure what I wil do now. Reckon I might try selling privately and try and get an extra few grand. Either that or keep it another year