Body Shield Pro

Madmarky

Just saw an advert for the above product on TV and thought I would investigate it. Anyone have any experience of it?

Ive seen a lot of these type of products in the past and always thought how can they work but with tchnology the way it is one day someone will develop a product which will do what it claims to do. Have a look at the video and discuss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krj7yQ_X_vg&feature=related

I have never used these sorts of products. I always believe that you should wash your car with water and soup, and then give it some polish for protection and shine.

It might be a longer method but I bet it gives a better finish than that stuff. :shrug:

+1 for greased lightening! It really is that good.

Although i never have the bottle to use it without a quick wash first :lol:

the first time i used it i was the same but now i just go for it,to the point i am always cleaning it :lol:

dont think i ve driven it without it looking its best :lol:

it does what it says B)

I'd like to see 2 totally brand new cars side by side tested. For instance take both cars into a light tunnel inspecting for any scratch marks which there shouldn't be as they are brand new. Then, wash both cars with equal amounts of normal road grime, including tar spots and the usual fallout such as bird poo, tree sap, dead flies and chemical fallout. Go through the process of cleaning the car as you would by both the methods and return the cars under the light tunnel.

You know which method of cleaning is going to damage the top coat of your car.

I'll take a miss on the "convenient" method :wave:

I'd like to see 2 totally brand new cars side by side tested. For instance take both cars into a light tunnel inspecting for any scratch marks which there shouldn't be as they are brand new. Then, wash both cars with equal amounts of normal road grime, including tar spots and the usual fallout such as bird poo, tree sap, dead flies and chemical fallout. Go through the process of cleaning the car as you would by both the methods and return the cars under the light tunnel.

hi mate,you really should give it a go.....i promise you won't be disapointed :thumbs:

You make me laugh :)

I was looking at a new black 370z in the showroom at Nissan Aldershot. The swirl marks on it were horrendous!

There's no way on earth I would use that stuff. I'd want it tested under a light tunnel before I'd trust it.

I'd like to see what Tim @ Envy would say about such a product?

:shrug:

Good to see a nice debate coming along. Ian you know how I am with my car, I have spent 2 years cleaning it being as careful as i can, spending hundreds on cleaning products. I do everything exactly how Meguairs showed us and have done a lot of research into the best ways to clean it and take care of it. The fact is no matter how careful you are you will always get swirl marks, i can get the swirl marks out with the knowledge and tools i have at home so im wondering if this product will save me 6-8 hours every couple of weeks and maybe free up some time and money to actually enjoy the car more. Ive looked into this product and it seems to get some really good reviews, in fact its actually hard to find someone who has used it say its caused a huge amount of swirl marks, even on detailing forums that i use its persuaded a few people. I think i might actually give it a go, maybe ill just use it on one saide of the car for a few months and see the difference.

I have never used these sorts of products. I always believe that you should wash your car with water and soup, and then give it some polish for protection and shine.

It might be a longer method but I bet it gives a better finish than that stuff. :shrug:

Chicken or vegetable? :lol:

Chicken or vegetable? :lol:

:lol:

I reckon it would be OK for regular use on lightly soiled cars that already have some fresh protection on the paint negating the need for hard/aggressive scrubbing.

If I had some I would test it on a blank CD in the following steps

1. Leave garden furniture or similar item outside for few weeks along with blank CD

2. Use it on dirty garden furniture with a dusting of fine sand to boot.

3. Using the soiled cleaning cloth then clean the CD

HINT HINT to all those who already own it ;)

I don't think even the manufacturer intended it to be used as aggressively as the bloke in the vid racing to finish the filthy car in record time :scare: