DRIVER SIDE DOOR WONT OPEN

Jixaman

Hi there, I searched for an answer to this with no joy so hope someone can help...

Got out of the car last night to fuel up, when I returned to the car the door would not open. I tried unlocking with the keyfob, nothing, locking then unlocking with the keyfob, nothing and again manually with the key in the door... No joy...

I got into the car from the passenger side, easy...

At home got spina bifida trying to get out that side...

The little thumb lock on the inside, tried that, it looks like that is not going back fully (compared to passenger side), the solenoid is working but I guess something is not as it should be...

Need door open to get trim off... Need trim off to get door open...

Any help appreciated, cheers...

Sorry, yes, had a search but nothing came of it, there are "door wont open" posts and there is one that I'm sure is the dead cert same problem but there was no conclusion and no one seemed to know (not posted on the open forum anyway)...

Maybe our friends at the Infiniti dealership would help you out here......

I HATE when people solve problems they've posted on the forum and don't post up the solution!

Alex is near Perth and may be able to help too????

I had this problem mate. Very annoying and embarrassing lol

Got someone to put a wire hanger down the window to get it open, took the door apart, dismantled the lock mechanism, cleaned and reassembled and it's been fine since. It just seized up cos it had dried out

Ok... with you on that one but not working...

Using the workshop manual I removed the three screws holding on the finisher but it would not come off as described (did they forget to put in the bit about the door having to be open???)...

But, with the screws out I couldmove the finisher enough to look down and get a 12" rule into the gubbins... Using the passenger door as a reference of how everything should move I tried to move the blue bit which had opened the passenger side right away (that was too easy) but its locked solid and wont move...

Have to make a longer tool to get further down, on the passenger side you can see how when the handle is pulled it works a lever to change the rotational force of the handle into downward force, the bar the lever works on goes quite far down, hopefully I can get movement from further down...

Aggain, cheers, will keep trying and post when and how open...

Ok, be quick with this update...

With the bolts out of the door finisher from yesterday I pried the finisher up over the top of the inner door to give me room to see...

The blue thing was the clip that holds the door handle rod to the slider that opens the door, the whole thing, now I could see, was diferent looking from the passenger side, it turned out it was stuck halfway down. Still dont know why. It did take some prying to get it to pop back up but once done everything works as it should... It took 5 minutes to put back together (everything got a good dose of WD just fur).

Hope it was just a freak incident... Now I'v started, on to the door mirrors, one is slow and sticks sometimes...

Cheers...