Club discounts

HaydnH

Well it's insurance time again so I thought I'd try the club discounts, Sky wanted £100 more than the usual suspects on the comparison websites and mentioned that they require 2 years NCB not 1 as stated on here (although they did still give me a quote :headhurt: ), Chris Knott wanted about double the price... oh well, back to swapping between Elephant and Admiral each year I guess. For reference, I'm 34 living in SW London/Surrey with 1 year NCB and no accidents/convictions.

Why can't we get a forum discount with Elephant/Admiral?? :lol:

Entertaining since Admiral actually underwrite Elephant....

Yip but they for some reason beat each other on price each year! :wacko:

I suppose it helps them make sure they get your cash one way or another

Have you asked if they'll take into account any years NCB you have as a named driver rather than in your own name (assuming you have some)?

Got my insurance all sorted today with Sky - very pleased with the price and really nice guys to deal with :)

S.

Have you asked if they'll take into account any years NCB you have as a named driver rather than in your own name (assuming you have some)

I didn't drive for about 12 months prior to getting the Z... well apart from a few track days and such.

Have you tried Adrian Flux?

When I had a couple of mods done to my Z a couple of years ago (Uprev, Y pipe) some people couldn't handle it (I was with Direct Line at the time and they threw a complete wobbler - "Why do you want to increase from 276hp when the UK speed limit is 70mph" :thumbdown: ) but Adrian Flux were all OK with it - since then I've told them "Unless you beat £xxx then I'll move" and so they stay competitive - and now I'm looking at a couple more mods they're OK with it again, and they seem to understand what 'remap' means, which is more than most.

(Though it'll add £xx to my premium when I do it!)