I've been a BAD boy!!!

Iwantone

Was that because you thought you needed it or did the nice officer suggest it ???? :scare:

Yes, to be totally honest, it was not my idea to attend. The first I knew was when a yellow letter arrived through my letter box. I don't actually have to attend, I can opt to pay a fixed £60 fine and take the 3 points.

if you pay the 95 quid does that mean you dont get the points?

Yep, my missus did the course a few weeks back. You have the choice of a 60quid fine and 3 points, or £95 to do the course and NO points.

She opted for the course. I thought it would be just 3hours of brain washing about how speed kills, but she said it wasnt like that at all and she actually enjoyed it. She came away with loads of handy information and now keeps telling me things - like how you known what the speed limit is in areas with no signs, or how you should check your seatbelts work reguarly etc. etc.

if you pay the 95 quid does that mean you dont get the points?

It sure does, Sparky. No fine and no points because you are not charged with any offence. No prosecutions to declare on insurance applications, etc.

The only provisos are:-

Don't do it again BEFORE you attend the course and you can only do a course every 3 years. Any offenced comitted within 3 years and its a conviction with a fine and points.

Steve