Part to Fully oil change

ZedMeister

Ok, as some of you may know I'm starting a 5,500 mile European round trip starting next week, I've bought 4L Castrol 5W/30 fully synthetic to see me through.

The Zed has been running on part all her days as far as I'm aware (bought her at 60k), the car has just been serviced with a part synthetic oil change, should I bother changing the oil again for the trip to run it on fully or just top the part up after a few thousand miles whilst out there with the fully?

Would it matter either way?

If you are planning a 5.5K mile round trip then whats the harm in changing the oil and filter to begin with?

I personally wouldn't use semi-synth oil in a Zed so best to make the switch now - your engine will thank you for it. BTW - you'll need slightly more than 4 litres for an oil change - somewhere between 4.5 - 4.75 litres to get it to read max on dipstick.

There is no issue with mixing the oils!

Semi-synth itself is a blend of synthetic and mineral :)

If you paid more for the synthetic then you are pouring that money away though. There is little in it these days tho.

Z interval is 9k miles so you don't need to change the oil for a long while after you back.

just change the oil when the service is due?

the car will be happy to do 9k between services be it in the uk or abroad? its just an engine, and its not like its a maserati or ferrari. it is at the end of the day just a nissan. and they build good strong reliable engines.

have more faith in your car ;)

just change the oil when the service is due?

the car will be happy to do 9k between services be it in the uk or abroad? its just an engine, and its not like its a maserati or ferrari. it is at the end of the day just a nissan. and they build good strong reliable engines.

have more faith in your car ;)

wellzed RT