Does anyone have NOS on here?

sl114

I don't know of any on here.

I had a lot of discussions with the Wizard of NOS a couple of years ago, about the time Top Gear did that test with the Jag that blew away all the supercars. His approach was to put nothing more than a 5bhp 'shot' on a car, and he insisted on doing tests on the engine before selling you bigger jets to allow more power. At the time, he also offered a warranty on your engine at a cost of £1 per bhp shot you had on the car. He wasn't the cheapest but certainly seemed to know what he was talking about and had a very good reputation. Have no idea what's happened in that two year gap though.

BTW, the only reason I didn't go for it was due to the fact my diesel dog was mechanically fuel injected hence not possible without a lot of other work........ :)

a 5bhp shot??? :wacko:

in the US quite a few people run NOS with no major issues, IIRC max shots on our engines are about 100bhp

Thats what i thought, the 100bhp shot will be without any modifications I think.

With the plenum, induction and exhaust id say 75bhp shot as the 100 may pust it too close to the 420 mark.

I am thinking about it as my insurance company allows it woohoo, but other mods will come first

don't know of anyone who has it in the UK, could be interesting!

:teeth:

I'm not really attracted by it, seems like cheating if you know what i mean, plus the bottle really puts me off

from what i have read, its perfectly safe.

And i do agree its cheating, but you can always take it off and add it once you have the big toys on it too, teehee

a 5bhp shot??? :wacko:

in the US quite a few people run NOS with no major issues, IIRC max shots on our engines are about 100bhp

I think it's quite a good way of testing the engine before giving it a big boot. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Won't that cause detenation?
In what way Marc?

In the blow up you and your car way :scare:

so bang?

Thats not too good then

Errr no. I wouldn't be too bothered about blowing an engine ( :scare: ) but NOS just seems like your asking to be blown to high heaven :wacko:

go there with a smile on your face though (laughing anyway ) ;)

Won't that cause detenation?
In what way Marc?

In the blow up you and your car way :scare:

so bang?

Thats not too good then

Errr no. I wouldn't be too bothered about blowing an engine ( :scare: ) but NOS just seems like your asking to be blown to high heaven :wacko:

go there with a smile on your face though (laughing anyway ) ;)

Im willing to try it, i think a 75bhp shot will be enough ;)

Speak to the guys at TDI about they do it, also H5 knows of the Wizard of Nos who will guarantee your engine.

You need to take advise, other wise you get Deep Southern Fried

I know Marc, im just messing, i am going to speak to a few people next year as the first mod now is the nismo kit as it has all the power i want at the moment and i want to improve the style. :thumbs: