fish tail

janoof1

Do you have to? ;)

Its pure logic. The elise is 500kg lighter, has semi-slicks fitted, is lower, has a 100% flat "floorpan" to suck it to the road. It would be quite amusing to see that that wouldn't increase corner speed compared to a Z ;)

Have driven a VX220turbo once, but didnt really test its limits coz it wasnt mine, no ;)

In order to be able to compare fully I'd say so.

It doesn't have semi-slicks fitted, that's the Exige and very few Elise owners run anything other than your Toyo / Yokohama tyres.

You'd have to learn how to drive an Elise as the MR set-up is completely different to your FR Zed. :)

Apologies for going off topic. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have to? ;)

Its pure logic. The elise is 500kg lighter, has semi-slicks fitted, is lower, has a 100% flat "floorpan" to suck it to the road. It would be quite amusing to see that that wouldn't increase corner speed compared to a Z ;)

Have driven a VX220turbo once, but didnt really test its limits coz it wasnt mine, no ;)

It doesn't have semi-slicks fitted, that's the Exige and very few Elise owners run anything other than your Toyo / Yokohama tyres.

You'd have to learn how to drive an Elise as the MR set-up is completely different to your FR Zed. :)

Hello all... its the first post for me here! I recently spent a day up at Bedford Autodrome hooning their 350's around... now I really want one :)

I've got an Elise at the moment, and they're a tad snappy on the limit but the tyres make a huge difference. I'm not sure about on the Z but Toyo's in my experiance have loads of grip but when it reaches the limit they snap out without much warning. Yoko's and BFG's seem much more progressive, slightly less grippy perhaps but give you much more warning before they go. Plus on the elise at least they make it much easier to control any slides.

Do you have to? ;)

Hello all... its the first post for me here! I recently spent a day up at Bedford Autodrome hooning their 350's around... now I really want one :)

I've got an Elise at the moment, and they're a tad snappy on the limit but the tyres make a huge difference. I'm not sure about on the Z but Toyo's in my experiance have loads of grip but when it reaches the limit they snap out without much warning. Yoko's and BFG's seem much more progressive, slightly less grippy perhaps but give you much more warning before they go. Plus on the elise at least they make it much easier to control any slides.

WELCOME matey :thumbs:

Lets see some pics of your elise :D

My 2 cents,

Tyres do not make massive difference for road driving as you are unlikely to be taking it to the limits too many times. Have had the Bridgestone, SP9000 and Toyo, Toyo by far the best. Suggest you do smoother gear change apply power progressively to stop the tail wagging.

On track different matter, tyres are king, next is suspension setup.

As for Elise, awesome car and far quicker around corners than a Zed, but simply because we have to break earlier , however Z can come out quicker when you have the capability to put the gas back to max.

If you want a real car for trigger happy tail get a 7 way more fun.

Do you have to? ;)

Welcome, Tom! Do it, you won't regret it! :thumbs:

Do you have to? ;)

I plan to, I'm just keeping an eye out for the right one... ;)

Do you have to? ;)

I plan to, I'm just keeping an eye out for the right one... ;)

What in particular are you looking for?

Do you have to? ;)

I'd agree that the Yoko's are progressive, only had the Toyo's on the Elise a few days then some goon in a truck mashed the rear end! :angry:

So, as yet haven't had a chance to see how they compare to the Yoko's (or the AWFUL Michelins that wwere on it before!).

Surprised you think the Elise is snappy on the limit, I find it quite progressive purely based on the chassis and suspension, maybe it's because you can go a long way out of line and the thing still comes back!! :D

What one do you have?