Credit where credit is due

sasha@lazytrips

Prior to my recent holiday, some creative thinking linked a trip south to Heathrow with the possibility of sorting out a large number of long-standing niggles with the car and book it into Abbey due to Surrey being virtually "round the corner" according to my geography knowledge.

So I did just that and presented Mark & Scott with a huge list of things which were wrong with the car. Not that I am a particularly uncaring owner, but a number of things piled up ranging from a load of lights on the dashboard to having a lset of decent locking nuts with no locking key to cosmetic issues, hubs wearing out and bodywork needing doing. Basically, pretty much everything.

All the work was done with every point carefully attended to and the guys clarified a couple things by email while I was posing with Arizona cacti. The rear number plate now actually has light shining at it (while the Do-Luck bumper is perfect in almost every way, I am still confused as to why the numberplate lights are covered up :bangin: . The car drives very well and I am very pleased with the work.

I just wanted to make sure that people are fully aware of how good the guys at Abbey are with the day-to-day work on these cars given their speciality in Nissan sports vehicles and that they are definitely well worth a visit for reasons other than fitting a supercharger or remapping your ECU! The service in getting the car to & from Abbey worked out amazingly due to crazy circumstances where Mark was catching the plane that I actually arrived on, meaning we could do a car swap without even seeing each other by parking it in the Short Stay car park, but that's a whole other story!

If you need some work doing, give Mark or Scott a ring and based on my experience, you won't be disappointed!

If I told you that the car was picked up promptly from the airport (another long story - I would like to stress that I believe Mark has no intention of making this a common practice - it just worked out that way) and hence it was a truly "Valet Service" while I was on holiday, would that be too good to be true?

:snack::band::#1:

I'll leave the pricing question for Abbey to discuss, but it is worth noting that just because a local garage can do a cheaper hourly rate, doesn't mean it won't take them twice as long to figure their way around the car which in my opinion often equates to very competitive rates from people who know their stuff.

Hi Guys,

thaks for the thumbs up Sasha, no worries re picking the car up and lucily I was flying out of terminal 3 around the same time you was flying back in. I was off to Uprev in the US for the meeting at UPREV to allow us to retune the R35GTR ecu which we can now do.

We are £72-00 inc vat for workshop time and £100-00 inc vat for dyno time, Consult 2/3 used for Diagnostic's. With Nissan trained Tech as well ;-)

SS , your just very luck and Nessa twisted my arm......