am i going to hell?

janoof1

driving back from work today at 500pm in the z , waiting to get on the m5 j2 in shat loads of traffic , a ambulance is wailing his sirens and coming up behind me , its a tight road and everyone is mounting the high kerb to clear a path. but this was no ordinary kerb , this was one of these effin huge ones and i realized i wasnt going to get up on the kerb without gouging my rays....................

so i just tried to get as close as possible but alas the ambulance was now right behind me and it couldnt fit though the tiny gap i left him.

so after him flashing his hi-beams and blasting an even louder siren for what seemed like an eternity he gave up and drove half on to the grass bank to get around me -but not without giving me the evil stare.

then as all the cars got back on the road the guy next to me screamed "you could have jeapordised someones life you ****"- to which i responded " its ok , im a doctor - hell be just fine "

worst of all- i AM a doctor :scare:

I used to drive ambulances during my National Service: about 50% of the time the "code reds" (times you needed the lights and sirens) weren't actually anything serious, and the other 40% of the times lots of ambulance drivers switched them on only to get home earlier... you'll be fine :lol:

that leaves a real 10% of times where you needed to get there quick :)

I used to drive ambulances during my National Service: about 50% of the time the "code reds" (times you needed the lights and sirens) weren't actually anything serious, and the other 40% of the times lots of ambulance drivers switched them on only to get home earlier... you'll be fine :lol:

that leaves a real 10% of times where you needed to get there quick :)

" national Service ":scare: how old are you Val? I thought that was done away with years and years ago??

Some countries still do it, Mexico for one, you pick a ball out of a bag, depending on the colour denotes the section you take part in I think, and at the end you have a one in 3 chance (ball in a bag method) of having to do another 2 years.

I reckon they should have it here to put a stop to the likes of car keying chavs etc.

On the ambulance front, its not your fault, and if your car cannot physically be driven out of the way without causing damage, you are within your rights to stand still. The ambulance driver should know which routes are busy at which times, and take the appropriate routes, which they clearly didn't.