Zed alarm immobiliser system

shieldsie

Just about to renew my insurance and they want to know what type/kind of alarm/immobiliser system it is?? What is the alarm system called and is it Thatcham approved. Its never ending with insurance questions :rant:

Any help is appreciated.

I had my insurance due last week, they asked what alarm I had, I said whatever the factory fitted. They checked and said Thatcham 1 Alarm & Immobiliser.

Thanks.

Its a joke these days. I have been driving 20+ years without making a claim, or a claim against me. 2 years ago I was paying £550. Last year £970. This year I was quoted £2488. I looked around and got a quote for £1466. 1 week later they contacted me to say they had undergone an audit and I was quoted incorrectly. I was a high risk customer and they required another £800 to insure me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I nearly past out. HIGH RISK - what the ****. I have since browsed around and have managed to get it for £1100 with a High performance car insurer, which I have to be happy with. They want all the details on security, including docs for tracker etc.

I had my insurance due last week, they asked what alarm I had, I said whatever the factory fitted. They checked and said Thatcham 1 Alarm & Immobiliser.

Thanks.

Its a joke these days. I have been driving 20+ years without making a claim, or a claim against me. 2 years ago I was paying £550. Last year £970. This year I was quoted £2488. I looked around and got a quote for £1466. 1 week later they contacted me to say they had undergone an audit and I was quoted incorrectly. I was a high risk customer and they required another £800 to insure me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I nearly past out. HIGH RISK - what the ****. I have since browsed around and have managed to get it for £1100 with a High performance car insurer, which I have to be happy with. They want all the details on security, including docs for tracker etc.

Man that sucks. I really dont understand where the insurance companies get their figures from sometimes. Its all based upon statistics rather than common sense. Like you, ive been driving well over 20 years without any claims, but, the insurance companies i spoke to only take into account 5 or 6 years NCB. So, they dont give you any extra discount, when clearly 20years with no claims should be a safer risk than 5 years with no claims.

The post code thing makes me laugh too. I currently am the youngest person living in a very quiet cul-de-sac full of old grannies. The road is so quiet you can hear a pin drop and theres never been any trouble or problems here ever. Noone comes in or out of the cul-de-sac without about 40 curtain twitchers making note of their every move. Bizarrely the postcode is a "higher risk" than my last house which was actually on a main road in a busy city where there was trouble nearly every week.

Also the street / drive / garage thing also anoys me. You get cheaper insurance keeping your car on the street where it can be crashed into or damaged by anyone, rather than keeping it locked up in a secure alarmed garage at the end of your drive behind iron security gates with rottweilers wandering around. Mind you, the insurance companies dont count "secure gates" or nasty dogs or anything that as being accepted security.

The majority of companies also dont take into account what car the driver is used to driving. So you could jump from a nissan micra straight to a ferrari and as long as your personal details were the same, be charged the same as someone who has been driving ferraris for 20 years.

And yet, if you get 3 points for doing 1mph over the speed limit, they immediately bang on a 10% increase on the policy.

I really think insurance companies should take into account each policy on an individual basis rather than tar everyone with the same statistics.

I really think insurance companies should take into account each policy on an individual basis rather than tar everyone with the same statistics.

The cost of the time taken to review each case on a personal basis would far out weigh the cost you might save on your premium.

The cost of the time taken to review each case on a personal basis would far out weigh the cost you might save on your premium.

Yep, and wouldnt save them any cash at end of the day. Oh well!

Thanks.

Man that sucks. I really dont understand where the insurance companies get their figures from sometimes. Its all based upon statistics rather than common sense. Like you, ive been driving well over 20 years without any claims, but, the insurance companies i spoke to only take into account 5 or 6 years NCB. So, they dont give you any extra discount, when clearly 20years with no claims should be a safer risk than 5 years with no claims.

The post code thing makes me laugh too. I currently am the youngest person living in a very quiet cul-de-sac full of old grannies. The road is so quiet you can hear a pin drop and theres never been any trouble or problems here ever. Noone comes in or out of the cul-de-sac without about 40 curtain twitchers making note of their every move. Bizarrely the postcode is a "higher risk" than my last house which was actually on a main road in a busy city where there was trouble nearly every week.

Also the street / drive / garage thing also anoys me. You get cheaper insurance keeping your car on the street where it can be crashed into or damaged by anyone, rather than keeping it locked up in a secure alarmed garage at the end of your drive behind iron security gates with rottweilers wandering around. Mind you, the insurance companies dont count "secure gates" or nasty dogs or anything that as being accepted security.

The majority of companies also dont take into account what car the driver is used to driving. So you could jump from a nissan micra straight to a ferrari and as long as your personal details were the same, be charged the same as someone who has been driving ferraris for 20 years.

And yet, if you get 3 points for doing 1mph over the speed limit, they immediately bang on a 10% increase on the policy.

I couldnt agree more. On speaking to one insurer Endsleigh (who after a week decided to up the price £800 from the original quote) the guy said i couldnt agree more, insurance companies are cluelesshen pricing drivers like yourself. He then gave me 4 different companies to try, explaining I would get a much better deal, which I did. I would shake his hand if I knew him. He furthermore siad eventually many insurers will go to the wall, the way they are carrying on!! :byebye:

Have you tried Admiral?

I'm with them and am paying around £400 (37 years old, 7 years no claims). I've seen a lot of other people on this forum saying they got a good deal from Admiral too.

I`ll give these atry. Thanks :thumbs: