Thorpe Park

coldel

1st wedding anniversary today...so rather than a meal, or something romantic, we just decided to be big kids and go to Thorpe Park. £40 EACH to get in, then, up to £5 per fast pass. Of course they charge you £2 to park your car. Is it a theme park? Not in a million years, no performers, no characters, no entertainment, nothing apart from a few big rides and little else. Utterly shocked at what a rip off the whole place is :wacko:

That said Nemesis was a great ride, nice weather as well, but generally speaking vastly overpriced.

alton towers have "nemesis"

thorpe park have "nemesis INFERNO" , similar to altons ride but not as good,they should have just called it inferno to save any confusion, they are both made by Bolliger & Mabillard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolliger_&_Mabillard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_%2 ... coaster%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_Inferno

yes i'm a bit of a coaster geek :yahoo:

1st wedding anniversary today...so rather than a meal, or something romantic, we just decided to be big kids and go to Thorpe Park. £40 EACH to get in, then, up to £5 per fast pass. Of course they charge you £2 to park your car. Is it a theme park? Not in a million years, no performers, no characters, no entertainment, nothing apart from a few big rides and little else. Utterly shocked at what a rip off the whole place is :wacko:

That said Nemesis was a great ride, nice weather as well, but generally speaking vastly overpriced.

thats why i have a an annual pass - http://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/passe ... passes.asp

expensive at the start but the renewals are cheaper, you save on the car parking charge and get 20% discount at their food places and shops :teeth: (the standard pass doesn't included the parking from this year onwards, my pass is from last year)

think they are great value if you go to a lot of theme parks, buy a pass this year and it runs out this time next year :thumbs:

in september they are adding a few attractions from blackpool, such as the tower entry, to the pass so it's even better value :)

Think they started charging for parking this year, as it always used to be free.

I only live 10 mins from Thorpe park and when I was younger, me and a few mates used to have annual passes. We used to pop down there after school just for a burger king as it used to he the closest one to us :lol:

Aye sorry, should have said Inferno to save any confusion. I remember going to Thorpe Park when I was a kid, must have been like 25 years ago? I am sure it had a lot more stuff aimed at younger kids, its very much now dominated by big thrills rides which is great but really its not somewhere worth going if you are taking a child under 1.3 metres as most rides wont allow it.

Yep you can still save some money booking online, we though decided to go on a whim and you cant book online on the day. Still was surprised that £40 just gets you in, you get nothing else for that, they don't even give you a park map on entry just signs telling you to download the app :shrug: A load of us stood at the information desk just past the entrance for about 10 minutes, no staff, nothing at all so we walked on aimlessly.

I have been to Disneyland in Paris and Tokyo and both those places knock spots off Thorpe Park and are half the price.