Stealers prices......

nzr350z

Went to my local Nissan dealers,Evans Halshaw in Mansfield as i needed an exhaust gasket for the rear silencer on my 05'zed,told price of £15.73inc vat :wacko: Had to pay before they would order it.While waiting i decided to enquire about the same gasket at another Nissan dealer,Gordon Lambs at Chesterfield,their price £12.78inc vat :) I asked if it was a 'special' price,no,standard Nissan price.When i went to pick up the ordered gasket i asked them to double check their price,they said their price was right.I asked how come they were charging more than Gordon Lambs,their reply 'we told you a price and you agreed to pay it,and that i should have rang around before going to them.I then told them that i felt that they were just ripping me off and wouldnt use them again.

Is it the usual thing for dealers to charge different prices as they all get their parts from the same place,ie NISSAN?

ps.ROBBING B......S

Ive stuck my neck out recently and had it shot off but guess I'll never learn.......

It's only a £3 diff in price if I read your post correctly. Remember like any business they exist to make a profit. Had it been double I would think it wrong, but this doesn't seem too bad.

If you stress about unfair markups, google the cost of a bottle of wine you buy when you're next eating out. That's extortionate! :surrender:

It's a rip off.

There must be mrrp for this product and they are both Nissan dealerships, so regardless of what the product is, if it is supplied by Nissan then it should be the same price where ever you go.

That is unless the second dealer discounted from mrrp. Then that's life.

I suspect they charge what they think they can get away with which is why we all hate stealers.

You can make a profit but still treat your customers with decency and honesty, then maybe people would be more trusting of dealerships.

I think that one of the garages is quoting you for a gasket and the other one is quoting you for a crush ring.

From the factory the rear box is sealed to the mid pipe by a crush ring.

I replace these crush rings with a fire ring gasket and charge them out to forum members at £4.95.

Alex. :)