WASHER MOTORS, really stuck with this.

Pimm

I am really stuck with this.

I purchased new a front and rear motor washer April last year, put them in and they working fine.

Never used the washers much as my car is always super clean and it never goes anywhere in the winter. The last 4 months both of them stopped working. :bang:

I tested the wiring and there is a permanent live to each one and when you pull the stick to activate them they are then earthed so there is not a wiring fault. The only way I can get these to work is to tap the motors and then they start working again :wacko: i put everything back and for a couple of days all is good. I will not use the car for a week and they stop working again, how annoying is this :angry:

Double checked all power to the motors and all is good, tap both motors and they start working again. There is alot of that white greese inside the little connectors, can this prevent contection or do i have nackered motors ?

I phone Nissan and they said this is very strange, not heard of this before. This really is doing my head in.

HELP please.................

Best to leave the terminals well greased up.

Sounds that the motors may have got a bit sticky due to lack of use.

I was thinking that and especially if you are generous with the antifreeze/clear screen additive that might have gunged up the motors :shrug:

Best to leave the terminals well greased up.

Sounds that the motors may have got a bit sticky due to lack of use.

I was thinking that and especially if you are generous with the antifreeze/clear screen additive that might have gunged up the motors :shrug:

Exactly Colin, and this is the reason that Nissan always reject warranty claims on the washer pump motors.

"I am sorry Sir but your warranty claim on your failed washer pump motors has been rejected by Nissan UK because you have not used Nissan approved screen wash"

Alex. :)

ok the washer bottle is totaly free of any blue jelly stuff, i have always used the pink stuff and that seems all fine. It is strange that they both stop working at the same time.

I have soaked the conectors in petrol very quickly to remove some of the greese, cleaned them and reconnected. I park my car in the garage every time, do you think that the car getting hot can make the greese warm and shield any connection between the wiring block and terminals ?