Good quality orange wheel nuts

HassanZ

Hi all,

I'm after a set of orange wheel nuts to go with the grey and orange theme I'm sticking to.

I don't want to pay over the odds for these but I'll be happy to purchase a set at a reasonable price, as I'm not in a rush to get hold of some.

If anybody has any or can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it :thumbs:

Many thanks,

Hassan

I think Buster on this forum had some, check out the for sale section.

I have a set, but they arnt orange. They are silver and slimline.

not me m8.....

i painted the o/e ones

bobsnewbumperfittedpics031.jpg

not me m8.....

i painted the o/e ones

bobsnewbumperfittedpics031.jpg

the other buster :lol:

I have searched for 13uster with no luck...they don't seem to exist? I tried searching for the member.

I have seen Bullet selling a set, I have PM'd him and left a message on the thread with no reply, I'm guessing they've been sold. They're the CK Engineering ones.

I have searched for 13uster with no luck...they don't seem to exist? I tried searching for the member.

I have seen Bullet selling a set, I have PM'd him and left a message on the thread with no reply, I'm guessing they've been sold. They're the CK Engineering ones.

i am 100% sure it was bullet....i ve not seen any other for sale on here...i believe 13uster is over on nissansports.

i am 100% sure it was bullet....i ve not seen any other for sale on here...i believe 13uster is over on nissansports.

I meant Bullet :blush:

Weve had this discussion on Driftworks and are currently doing it on SXOC - alloy wheel nuts are not as strong as steel ones and we have recently seen a few failures. My post on there:

1. Alloy is softer than steel.

2. So soft in fact that wheel studs can strip it.

3. So can a man with an angle grinder who wants your wheels.

4. Before you say it, the reduction in unsprung weight is probably about the same as cleaning your car.

5. If you dont believe me, see what Driftworks had to say about it http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drif...el-nuts-s.html

6. Alloy wheel nuts are not allowed in competition.

If you really, really have to use alloy then Rays have brass inserts but Id personally recommend steering well clear. I certainly wouldnt go near anything thats costing £40 on ebay :thumbdown:

And to anyone who is about to tell me "Ive used them for x years and never had a problem", I think I used the same analagy on the DW thread "Ive fired this revolver at my head 5 times now and it hasnt gone off, it must not be loaded" ;)

I meant Bullet :blush:

:lol::lol::lol: No worries mate. Thanks for helping!!

Weve had this discussion on Driftworks and are currently doing it on SXOC - alloy wheel nuts are not as strong as steel ones and we have recently seen a few failures. My post on there:

1. Alloy is softer than steel.

2. So soft in fact that wheel studs can strip it.

3. So can a man with an angle grinder who wants your wheels.

4. Before you say it, the reduction in unsprung weight is probably about the same as cleaning your car.

5. If you dont believe me, see what Driftworks had to say about it http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drif...el-nuts-s.html

6. Alloy wheel nuts are not allowed in competition.

If you really, really have to use alloy then Rays have brass inserts but Id personally recommend steering well clear. I certainly wouldnt go near anything thats costing £40 on ebay :thumbdown:

And to anyone who is about to tell me "Ive used them for x years and never had a problem", I think I used the same analagy on the DW thread "Ive fired this revolver at my head 5 times now and it hasnt gone off, it must not be loaded" ;)

Thanks for your helpful advice :thumbs:. Are these illegal by any chance? I'm sure they would be if they are deemed that unsafe right?

Does anybody else have any comments on these nuts?

Anybody else purchased a set?

They are banned in any form of FIA motorsport, and the ones in the link I doubt have any kind of safety rating on them ...........

Ive known two cars lose wheels in the last month, both had alloy wheel nuts :)

That's not good...you're scaring me! :scare:

I spoke to the seller who insists they meet all safety legislation in Japan and were imported into the UK. He also says they would not be allowed to be exported and imported if they didn't hit safety requirements and legislation.

I don't know what to do now...

There arent any safety regulations covering wheel nuts in Japan or the UK AFAIK. Meeting it therefore isnt that difficult to pass them. :D

If you really need coloured wheelnuts then pay the extra money and get the Rays, but make sure you follow the torque settings and arent taking them on and off too often. Id copaslip them or something as well as they have been known to corrode, meaning they need to be ground off, probably taking your wheel with them. :surrender:

They look pretty n'all, but there are too many potential downsides to me. :)

There arent any safety regulations covering wheel nuts in Japan or the UK AFAIK. Meeting it therefore isnt that difficult to pass them. :D

If you really need coloured wheelnuts then pay the extra money and get the Rays, but make sure you follow the torque settings and arent taking them on and off too often. Id copaslip them or something as well as they have been known to corrode, meaning they need to be ground off, probably taking your wheel with them. :surrender:

They look pretty n'all, but there are too many potential downsides to me. :)

I specifically want orange/gold nuts to match the rest of the orange theme on the car. I was planning to paint the edge of my wheels in orange but I decided not to go ahead with it due to negative feedback. I thought the nuts could be a safer alternative.

I seen someone's Rays with red nuts and they looked fantastic!

RAYS nuts are very expensive and on top of that they don't do the orange/gold colour I specifically want :dry:

Torque settings-wise, I have no idea what these nuts will be spec'd at? :wacko:

Being blunt, you are mad if you use £40 ebay cheapy cheap wheel nuts IMO, they probably dont even have a recommended torque setting and damaging them would be too easy. Rays are 75 lb/ft, which feels far too loose but if you overtighten then they are liable to strip the thread. :)

Rays may be expensive, but then they are holding your wheels on, which is pretty important some might say. ;)