$6.2billion ship in the Solent

Zugara

That tanker in the forground is only a wee one.

Aircraft carries look huge becasue of their height/width. She's actually only 330m long.

By comparison, Panamax container vessels are only 30m shorter than that, and the post panamax boats that have been in service for past 5 years are in excess of 360m long.

Look at the chart on the right of this link for an idea of what I mean..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_maersk

Worked on her and her sister Estelle.

I tell you what, it ain't fun dropping decks/ lashing decks on them when there is hardly any underdeck and mostly deck load on a 23-wide, Maersk cross-over lash & belly bar configuration, in the rain....

I've probably stood there watching you do it too :lol:

Since when do you work at Felixstowe?

That tanker in the forground is only a wee one.

Aircraft carries look huge becasue of their height/width. She's actually only 330m long.

By comparison, Panamax container vessels are only 30m shorter than that, and the post panamax boats that have been in service for past 5 years are in excess of 360m long.

Look at the chart on the right of this link for an idea of what I mean..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_maersk

Worked on her and her sister Estelle.

I tell you what, it ain't fun dropping decks/ lashing decks on them when there is hardly any underdeck and mostly deck load on a 23-wide, Maersk cross-over lash & belly bar configuration, in the rain....

I've probably stood there watching you do it too :lol:

Since when do you work at Felixstowe?

I was cadet through to Chief Officer with Maersk working on their box boats.

I've been into Felixstowe alot!

I was the one checking your lashings and moaning when you hadn't done them tight enough :p