Scratch you can catch your nail in

TomS

Driving down the East Lancs yesterday and looked like someone had absolutely smashed into the wall on the other side of the road. Next thing I know I've driven over a big piece of wirey metal, not happy :rant:

I've had a look and the bumper has a scratch maybe 2 inches long on it and it's fairly deep, can catch your nail in it easily. Is there any DIY fix for this or is a trip to body shop? What would I be looking at to get it filled and full respray? The bumper has quite a few stone chips on it so I was thinking about doing it but not for a while as driving down the East Lands every day of the week will just ruin it again.

I've got the touch up stuff from Nissan when I bought the car second hand, but if they're just for tiny light scratches I won't bother as I don't want it looking worse than it already is!

Thanks!

I'll see if I can get a photo before the F1 starts. Parked downstairs in a mates garage so should be decent lighting!

Found a mobile smart repairer literally just round the corner from me, http://www.kiwicolourmanchester.co.uk/ might give them a bell if it seems the best option.

There are a fair few stone chips on the bumper and the odd one elsewhere but I was hoping to leave it until I decide what new front/rear bumper and skirts to get but driving round with a scratch on it just irritates me even though I can't see it!

Thanks for the link RP, I'll have a read through.