About to buy a Zed...anyone from Newcastle?

Hi all,

I'm not a newbie, but I didnt know where else to post this message so apologies in advance for posting in the Intro's area.

I've seen the following Zed for sale (http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201120387710992/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-from/10000/maximum-age/up_to_4_years_old/price-to/15000/maximum-mileage/up_to_40000_miles/model/350_z/make/nissan/page/1/postcode/cr42bh/radius/1501?logcode=p) on autotrader. It looks like a very good deal, i've spoken with the seller whose been forthcoming with any info.

The car is in Newcastle, I'm in London...but I'm willing to travel up there this weekend to check it out. I've seen that some of the veteran Zed members have helped out others in checking out Zed's which they were about to purchase.

I hope this doesn't sound cheeky, but does anyone live in the newcastle upon tyne area who might be able to help me out here?

My plan is to check out the car this weekend (either tomorrow around 12/1pm or Monday at the same time), if I like it I'll get an AA/RAC check done (they've quoted me £300 because it has to go to a KwikFit and go on the ramps so they can check the underside properly) and then go back to pick up the car.

If no-one is around, can anyone give me an idea of the key things to look out for in a 07 Z?

Also, when doing a HPI check, it came up as a 2002-07 Z (i.e. the older one, not the 313 version). It has the bonnet bulge but does that definately mean its a 313?

Thanks to all in advance :)

Hi

When checking out the car, the only things to really watch is brake and tyre wear as they are expensive to replace. Other than that make sure the clutch works properly (ie it returns OK and doesnt need any pumping up!) other than that the usuall checks - the inspection you reassure you.

Best of luck

thanks EH 370z.

can you clarify what you mean by the return of the clutch and pumping it up?

Also, does anyone know about the 313 versions of the Z? Does the bulge in the bonnet definately indicate its a 313?

I definately want the 313, not the older version

No - bulge does not necessarily indicate 313 - someone could've just bought a bulge bonnet - you need to lift the thing and have a wee look-see ;)

I think we can safely see that is the 313 model as from the interior pic we can see it has the illuminated disc around the ignition key slot, as well as the bulge bonnet. But best reassurance is when you lift the bonnet that it looks like this - have a lok at the pics Stew has posted on this thread - yours should be the one with the twin intakes ;)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=39113&hilit=model+difference