got new dimensions even more confused HELLLP?

jumping350

Hi came across a set of wheels with this diameter

5x114 (says nissan fitament) 3.5 ET (dont know what ET is??)

18 inch rim says rim width is 8.75j (not sure as wouldnt the rears be different width to front??)

8" front

9.5" rear

would these fit the Z without spacers etc and what tyre size would i need???

any help would be appreciated

Hi came across a set of wheels with this diameter

5x114 (says nissan fitament) 3.5 ET (dont know what ET is??)

18 inch rim says rim width is 8.75j (not sure as wouldnt the rears be different width to front??)

8" front

9.5" rear

would these fit the Z without spacers etc and what tyre size would i need???

any help would be appreciated

This might help explain things a bit

http://www.raceandroad.com/technical-he ... ffset.html

Do you mean an ET of 35? It's the offset in mm (doubt it's 3.5mm).

8.75j? Surely 8j for the front and 9.5j for the rear?

If so, the front would be awful and I'm not sure it would even clear brembos (5mm less clearance and further in than stock), rear would be pretty poor also.

must be 35mm and put a decimal in by accident.

it says 8" fromt 9.5" rear but also has that 8.75j in message not sure if that was eant to be there??

so even if right not worth the bother if it compromises handling etc???

im wanting 18s have not go brembos so could you reccomend a fitmant spec where i dont have to use spacers??

must be 35mm and put a decimal in by accident.

it says 8" fromt 9.5" rear but also has that 8.75j in message not sure if that was eant to be there??

so even if right not worth the bother if it compromises handling etc???

Well, it would look rubbish, you'd have to run some odd tyre sizes and they're probably even heavier.

The touring 18"s are et 30, 8j, 225 at the front, 245 at the rear.

You can get many, many suggestions on fitment. Maybe something like rota gtrs in 8.5" et 25, 9.5 et 12 would be quite conservative, shame the fronts don't seem to have a reasonable offset available (something ~20/lower would be better).

hmmmm this is getting confusing so basically look for some wheels with an offsett of -20 for fronts

most wheels ive seen have 8" front 9.5" rear so thats what ive been going for and will carry on doing

Thanls for help :thumbs:

the search continues......... :bangin:

hmmmm this is getting confusing so basically look for some wheels with an offsett of 30

most wheels ive seen have 8" front 9.5" rear so thats what ive been going for and will carry on doing

Thanls for help :thumbs:

the searxh continues......... :bangin:

Urr...... Same offset and width as stock = stay inside the arches like stock, i.e. why bother if you're not going to run spacers?

http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp

That, maybe ask rarerims and have a look at the wheels sticky. And have a look at my350z's wheel threads:

http://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tire ... index.html

I also don't think you mean -20. You mean +20. Negative offset is not what you're after.

heres one for you, what about those universal multifit rims with like 8 bolt holes??is the Z a common size that would fit this supposedly universal fitament??as long as offset is correct

if i get spacers would that help with offset issues??i cant find (except for proper expensive) wheels with less than 30mm ET

sorry for mad questions just trying to see what i can get away with without and with a spacer

heres one for you, what about those universal multifit rims with like 8 bolt holes??is the Z a common size that would fit this supposedly universal fitament??as long as offset is correct

if i get spacers would that help with offset issues??i cant find (except for proper expensive) wheels with less than 30mm ET

sorry for mad questions just trying to see what i can get away with without and with a spacer

Guhhh?!?

I just don't get what you're after, there are plenty of rims with less than 30mm et which are sensibly priced. Have you asked rarerims?

If you don't absolutely have to have 18"s:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rota-GTR-19-alloy ... 35b231dcee

right found a set of rota gtrs that have come off a 350z im even more confused now than ever!!!!here are the dimensions:front 9" ET 35

rears 10" ET 30

These seem to be the rims for the 350z everywhere i look for them, however in above post was mentioned 35mm ET was no good for car, but these as you can see have them, are these gonna be ok for my car???????

right found a pair of rota gtrs that have come off a 350z im even more confused now than ever!!!!here are the dimensions:front 9" ET 35

rears 10" ET 30

These seem to be the rims for the 350z everywhere i look for them, however in above post was mentioned 35mm ET was no good for car, but these as you can see have them, are these gonna be ok for my car???????

They will fit your car but would but will sit into the arches.

Ideally you want wheels around et20 or a bit less.

You could use spacers to bring the wheels out a bit but with so many choices I would find some with decent offsets.

there actually being given to me at a very good price if i was too look for ones with right ET would probably pay hell of a lot more, they are 18s by the way if that helps at all,

Are spacers available for this ET then??how much are they really??

Know what your saying about ET but if they go on and look nice with not to much worry then im happy

Lol dude...... do a bit of research..... this topic has been discussed sooooo many times. The size of your wheel ie 18 inch will not matter. Plus if they have came off a 350z.... then you shouldn't really have anything to worry about. Spacers for the 350z come in 10, 15, 20 or even 25 I think.... so if you are not happy with the stance at ET 35 on the rotas, you could put a 15mm spacer on and it would be flush with the wheel arch...... which most people aim for :thumbs:

Cool thanks for help i did try research lol but also get told a lot of stuff that conflicts so after doing that since 6am this morning thought would be quicker just to give my problem and get a response as i gotta make a decision or somene else will have them. Cool i can get a spacer through someone anyway so 15mm it is then

Looks like il get them then yay new wheels finally :thumbs: