NW Drive Out - Spring 2007 - 15th April

Digsy

Guest prescience
Hi Guys,

I can assure u I have not gone shy!!!!!!!

If Sarnie wears a lovely yellow custard shirt to match the car then maybe just maybe I will book a hotel for the night.

Seems fair to me - its him thats gone quiet now!!!!

0ver to u boys see what u can do.

Jane xxxxx :teeth::yahoo:

Admittedly as a Zedless outsider these days, I'm sorry to say I think this is a pretty annoying side-show to what will be a superb event :dry:

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

I can assure u I have not gone shy!!!!!!!

If Sarnie wears a lovely yellow custard shirt to match the car then maybe just maybe I will book a hotel for the night.

Seems fair to me - its him thats gone quiet now!!!!

0ver to u boys see what u can do.

Jane xxxxx :teeth::yahoo:

:yawn:

Yes we cannot change the event now, but i think new ideas are needed, i have some thoughts of my own but for now i will keep them till discussion. One point i will raise and it might be controversial is that i am a little worried about the amount of non 350 zeds wanting to come. I dont have a problem with former members like kev with his bmw but just a little worried about others tagging along. If we allow everyone to come then things could get a little out of control. Most zed members i have met seem fine decent people who are sensible. i just dont want to get into a situation where we invite people who may be not quite as sensible.....hence ruining the day and after all this is a 350z day out. Just my thoughts thats all, because with the amount of cars turning up we dont want any silly incidents. On a lighter note i may bring along a brand new carbon front spoiler cover, i won it on ebay but i am not convinced it works with the yellow...........i might hold a mini auction for it :)

Fair point Beavis, have to admit that I'd not given this much thought until now as we not had anyone ask up till very recently. I don't include Kev in this "non zeds" as I think he's the exception as hes a former Zed owner up til recently and a still a regular contributor.

I think the best way forward now is that we will NOT let anymore non Zeds on the drive now or in the future ones to ease worries about this and stop it getting out of control as well.

I would suggest that seeing as Tim Barks has already confirmed then we honour it this time. Also I'm assuming that Mini has asked his friend with the MX5 by now, therefore I'm thinking it would only be fair for us to still let him come if he still wants to. But I guess Mini that if you haven't told/asked him yet then might be better not to now.....

Anyway thats just my inital thoughts for now. I'll see what the rest of the mods think and sure we'll discuss on here anyway...

I agree entirely :thumbs:

If my mate doesn't speak to me about this I won't remind him and/or if he does remember still want to come them he can sit next to me in a proper car! It'll save him on petrol anyway and he can pay towards mine instead :teeth:

Yes we cannot change the event now, but i think new ideas are needed, i have some thoughts of my own but for now i will keep them till discussion. One point i will raise and it might be controversial is that i am a little worried about the amount of non 350 zeds wanting to come. I dont have a problem with former members like kev with his bmw but just a little worried about others tagging along. If we allow everyone to come then things could get a little out of control. Most zed members i have met seem fine decent people who are sensible. i just dont want to get into a situation where we invite people who may be not quite as sensible.....hence ruining the day and after all this is a 350z day out. Just my thoughts thats all, because with the amount of cars turning up we dont want any silly incidents. On a lighter note i may bring along a brand new carbon front spoiler cover, i won it on ebay but i am not convinced it works with the yellow...........i might hold a mini auction for it :)

Fair point Beavis, have to admit that I'd not given this much thought until now as we not had anyone ask up till very recently. I don't include Kev in this "non zeds" as I think he's the exception as hes a former Zed owner up til recently and a still a regular contributor.

I think the best way forward now is that we will NOT let anymore non Zeds on the drive now or in the future ones to ease worries about this and stop it getting out of control as well.

I would suggest that seeing as Tim Barks has already confirmed then we honour it this time. Also I'm assuming that Mini has asked his friend with the MX5 by now, therefore I'm thinking it would only be fair for us to still let him come if he still wants to. But I guess Mini that if you haven't told/asked him yet then might be better not to now.....

Anyway thats just my inital thoughts for now. I'll see what the rest of the mods think and sure we'll discuss on here anyway...

I agree entirely :thumbs:

If my mate doesn't speak to me about this I won't remind him and/or if he does remember still want to come them he can sit next to me in a proper car! It'll save him on petrol anyway and he can pay towards mine instead :teeth:

Thanks Mini, that works well :thumbs:

Just please let me know then if you end up being +1!

Guys,

Just spent a few hours reading this entire thread and have a couple of questions to the meet veterans if you don't mind.

Do we just convoy along in one hell of a big line taking in the scenery, following the glow off Sarnie's Z and matching shirt ahead, or does it turn into a bit of a Cannonball type thing? ie racing each other...

What happens when cars get left behind at lights etc?? Being a poor man myself having to make do with an import my Satnav is great at finding the local Mcdonalds on Yokohama High Street but not so good at sleepy villages in North Wales.

Are the stop off points going to be big enough for 30+ Z's AND my g/f's make up bag?

Looking forward to meeting you all anyway, already had some top advice off some of you guys . Should be a hell of a good sight seeing all those Z's roar through Wales.

Dave

PS Is it worth letting the pub know who fancies the carvery and who will be eating off the normal menu in advance so they have enough Turkey and beef in...

just a thought!!!!!

Guys,

Just spent a few hours reading this entire thread and have a couple of questions to the meet veterans if you don't mind.

Do we just convoy along in one hell of a big line taking in the scenery, following the glow off Sarnie's Z and matching shirt ahead, or does it turn into a bit of a Cannonball type thing? ie racing each other...Yep one big line of Zeds (on the last two occasions it has worked quite well

What happens when cars get left behind at lights etc?? Being a poor man myself having to make do with an import my Satnav is great at finding the local Mcdonalds on Yokohama High Street but not so good at sleepy villages in North Wales. Jacko has managed in the past to keep us all together quite nicely

Are the stop off points going to be big enough for 30+ Z's AND my g/f's make up bag? plenty of room at Bala lake car park for all the Zeds to park up in a row then just a short walk to the village for lunch

Looking forward to meeting you all anyway, already had some top advice off some of you guys . Should be a hell of a good sight seeing all those Z's roar through Wales.

Dave

PS Is it worth letting the pub know who fancies the carvery and who will be eating off the normal menu in advance so they have enough Turkey and beef in...

just a thought!!!!!

Guys,

Do we just convoy along in one hell of a big line taking in the scenery, following the glow off Sarnie's Z and matching shirt ahead, or does it turn into a bit of a Cannonball type thing? ie racing each other...

What happens when cars get left behind at lights etc?? Being a poor man myself having to make do with an import my Satnav is great at finding the local Mcdonalds on Yokohama High Street but not so good at sleepy villages in North Wales.

Are the stop off points going to be big enough for 30+ Z's AND my g/f's make up bag?

Dave

just a thought!!!!!

Ill do my best to answer the points.

Yes we travel in one long convoy - Non Zeds at the rear where possible I think, so as to not spoil the "effect".

There is absolutely NO racing. We are on public roads, and we have to respect the villages and comunities that we will be driving through - also, some drivers are not as confident as others, so may be disturbed by others agressively overtaking etc.

Therefore although on some stretches of road the driving may become "spirited", there should be NO racing, and no acting like clowns. Afterall we dont want to see any accidents, and we dont want to tar our community with the "boy racer" brush.

If people get stuck at traffic lights, and with 30 cars in convoy it is guaranteed to happen, the best solution is for the second or third to last car to make a mental not of who is the last car, and at juntions/lights etc make sure that last car is with the group, if not, hold back and allow them to catch up before rejoining the rest of the convoy.

It sounds very regimental, but on the day it should be easy enough for the whole group to stay together. I say "should" as this is the first time we will have had this many cars in convoy.

On the day, we should be able to provide a map of the route, with the stops marked on.

Also, we have previously handed out a sheet to every driver with a list of mobile phone numbers for various attendees, so should the worst happen and you get split up from the group, you can contact a member for help.

The stops, from what I remember are capable of holding the number of cars we are bringing, however, we are likely to cause some traffic congestion so be careful how/where you park your car at the various photo opportunities. Im sure Jacko (the pilot of our train) will select appropriate roads where we can park for photos and leave enough room for passing traffic in both directions.

The car park at the lake is fairly large, but can get busy - with 30 cars, we may struggle at that point - however it is possible to double park, as long as we double park in front of other attendees and not members of the general public.

The number one rule is for us to have fun, as long as we do that while being considerate to the other motorists, and the communities we will be driving through, then iot should be an excellent day out.

Thanks for that Chesterfield,

Pretty glad its organised and not a free for all. Like to drive at a sensible pace, not into the boy racer styleee!!!!!

Is there anyone I need to give my moby number to in advance so they have it printed off??

Is the order going to be as per the list or is it just going to be a free for all :D

I think colour order would look a bit crap, best to mix it up...

Normally depends on what order we leave the services car park in! :lol: So it will get mixed up a bit - Jacko will be leading the way though.

If any attendees want to PM me their mobile number for addition to the list that will be distributed, please do so - I can then put the list together prior to the event.

Normally depends on what order we leave the services car park in! :lol: So it will get mixed up a bit - Jacko will be leading the way though.

If any attendees want to PM me their mobile number for addition to the list that will be distributed, please do so - I can then put the list together prior to the event.

Yeah, I was planning to add to the sheets that I've done for the last two drives by adding all the new numbers and names to. Then we give them out so at least everyone has a copy. I was planning to send out an email to all to ask for confirmation of numbers (will probably send to all just to confirm that none of the originals have changed numbers).

I'll collate them on a spreadsheet and print out copies and of the map etc. So if anyone wants to send mobile numbers to me, then fine but just make sure you respond to the PM I'll send you.

Chris if anyone sends to you, then just make sure you get to me etc if you want. We can sort between us...... :thumbs:

An example of what it looked like last year with half the amount of zeds B)

NW_2006_7.jpg

I think this is one Ryan took from my car.... should get some corking photos this time. Hope the weather is going to be as good as this sunday coming. :thumbs:

Guest prescience

I wouldn't worry at all about this at the moment. The weather forecast from the Met Office beyond 5 days is notoriously inaccurate (10-20% a guy who worked for them told me). The models they use were designed to work on a large grid and as computers have got more powerful they have tried to interpolate to a smaller and smaller grid - but it isn't the right approach and doesn't work well

The French (thinks its from Toulouse) are apparently significantly better at predicting our weather than us :scare: