Airbag Light?? Help anyone?

Beau

Hi guys, Just one slight problem and it is the airbag light.

The seat airbag was deployed so I am guessing that is why it has gone off. I have replaced the airbag and connected everything back up. Is there anyway way of manually removing the light. I have tried some methods I have found but no luck. Unlike the videos I have seen my airbag light comes on and stays on, doesn't flash at all.

Any help will be much appreciated! :) Beau

I have tried some of the youtube videos, It's just that on there airbag light it seems to flash after 6/7 seconds but mine just stays on.....

Also, will having the airbag light on fail the MOT?

I installed bride seats and hadn't got the nismo resistors before it was MOTed and it passed with the light on.

That reset video should work - if it don't recheck the connections under the seat and try it again.

Good luck!

Hi Beau, impressed with your repair. especially given the facilities!

Crash data is stored on the airbag module within the centre console. You need to remove this and send it off clearing and resetting. Various companies on google and E bay. If you don't do this the light will keep coming back on. There is also a side impact sensor that you might have missed just behind the B pillar. Need to remove trim to find it behid seat. Check tensioners as well. Do all this before you get the module reset otherwise you will have to start all over again. Reset costs about £40 to £50.

hope this helps. Pm me if you are stuck

Hi Beau, impressed with your repair. especially given the facilities!

Crash data is stored on the airbag module within the centre console. You need to remove this and send it off clearing and resetting. Various companies on google and E bay. If you don't do this the light will keep coming back on. There is also a side impact sensor that you might have missed just behind the B pillar. Need to remove trim to find it behid seat. Check tensioners as well. Do all this before you get the module reset otherwise you will have to start all over again. Reset costs about £40 to £50.

hope this helps. Pm me if you are stuck

Thanks, The airbag that was deployed was the drivers side curtain airbag as well as the drivers side seat.... I think I saw some sort of module device located just behind the centre. So is it just one module for all the airbags or does each airbag have it's own module? And after I install that, can I reset it manually? Or will I have to take it to Nissan?

No need for Nissan!!!!

Two seperate items:

1. Side impact sensor, located inside the B post down where the seatbelt inertia is. You need to remove the B post interior trim panels to get at it.

2. Air bag module ( that stores crash data and is what deploys the relevent bags tensioners etc. This is mounted on the transmission tunnel under the centre console. Remove this and send it off for clearing/resetting.

Check that the seatbelt tensioner has not gone off as well. if it pulls out and retracts again all is o.k

No need for Nissan!!!!

Two seperate items:

1. Side impact sensor, located inside the B post down where the seatbelt inertia is. You need to remove the B post interior trim panels to get at it.

2. Air bag module ( that stores crash data and is what deploys the relevent bags tensioners etc. This is mounted on the transmission tunnel under the centre console. Remove this and send it off for clearing/resetting.

Check that the seatbelt tensioner has not gone off as well. if it pulls out and retracts again all is o.k

Thanks for this mate... Much appreciated! :thumbs:

• 3 months later...