Car wont start... little help?

slimjim

Not driven my car for about 5 days.

Remote unlocks the doors. Get in, interior lights are fine.

Key in, ignition comes on. Dash lights up fine.

If I turn the key WITHOUT the clutch down, nothing happens (as you would expect)

If I turn the key WITH the clutch down, I get a bit of a click, but nothing else. :headhurt:

Hooked up a charger and it says "charging" .... is the battery just low? (And probably on the way out) or do I need to start to worry abut something else? :blink:

cheers guys...

Wouldnt worry too much, my 2003 JDM did the same, i had the car in my garaged locked for 5 days while i was at Nurburg and come back to a low battery, i should have left it unlocked in the garage as i guessed it was the alarm that drained it.

Cheers guys...

Will leave it for an hour and see how it does. :yawn:

I think a new one is on the cards anyway... read through the receipts and history and not seen a replacement at all, so this one is seven years old. :scare:

VERY weird...

Left her on charge for an hour... came to try again, nothing happened :(

Waited for two mins, checked the volt meter, looked fine, turned on the radio, no problems.

Tried AGAIN... and it worked fine! Started no problem... and stops/starts no problem now. B)

WTF could THAT be? :wacko:

Seems to be charging OK when driving... just popped out in it and it was fine, V's going up as I went.

One thing I DID just spot... one of my dome lights is out.

Suppose I could I have left it on (AGAIN) and it burnt out. Drained the battery enough to not let the car start, but let the ignition come on.

Very strange.