Quarter time for the Z

mighty Z

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

other way around surely! The pod is in the middle of nowhere where as shakespears is slap bang in the middle near to birmingham. Its just south of stratford on avon which makes it more central for north/south surely than the pod?

if that's the case, even better then! :teeth:

never been there though, can't vouch for the tarmac conditions/facilities etc

I dont know how reliable the clutch is on the Z I can only speak from expierience,

which is from 2 other nissans being a s13 and a s14a I took both down the pod many times on standard clutches running 250 and 280 bhp respectivly never had any problems the s14a clutch did go eventually but when i removed it it had no meat left on it.To get the 13.4 in the 14a I did use a paddle clutch because the standard unit used to slip a bit.

lol :D mitsubishi's cant be compared to nissans because there @*!# they always break no matter what the model my brothers evo hardly gets out the garage.

other way around surely! The pod is in the middle of nowhere where as shakespears is slap bang in the middle near to birmingham. Its just south of stratford on avon which makes it more central for north/south surely than the pod?

I can vouch for it - the tarmac is good condition - hte extended runoff isnt as smooth as you'd expect but its nothing to concern yourself with.

If you guys are serious about this maybe we could organise a cross car event - 350z and monaros. Both are heavy GTs and will produce some close racing...

I can vouch for it - the tarmac is good condition - hte extended runoff isnt as smooth as you'd expect but its nothing to concern yourself with.

If you guys are serious about this maybe we could organise a cross car event - 350z and monaros. Both are heavy GTs and will produce some close racing...

Sounds good mate, lets get it on B)

• 1 month later...

Went to Santa Pod yesterday

There where more cars there than I expected and it took them till 12 to dry the track out :angry: and it started pissing it down at 3.

I still managed to get 5 runs in :)

I am quite pleased with the results because as said above the pod surface is s*** and on a decent road surface I could easily knock .2 off the first 60ft which would be worth double that at the end of the strip.

I think the autocar figure is quite reserved I also had half a tank of fuel in when I started Im sure a racing driver would be able to **** a 13.7 on a decent road surface.

black00019or.png

black00072ex.png

I ve posted my first and last run the car is completly standard and was running on shell vpower.