Quarter time for the Z

mighty Z

I am planning a trip down to santa pod in january they do a run what you brung.

I am not a big fan of rolling roads and want to see how the car performs standard before I start modding do any of you know the standard time for a Z?

Have any of you done a qaurter in your Z's it would be interesting to see what other people have done.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my std Z on my first quarter mile (not at the Pod though) ran 14.3.

Standard everything, and inexperienced driver.

That sounds like a decent time

from the feel of my Z I sort of predicted a mid fourteen it would be nice to get in the 13's as I know m3's do a mid thirteen standard

I am not a big fan of rolling roads and want to see how the car performs standard before I start modding do any of you know the standard time for a Z?

Have any of you done a qaurter in your Z's it would be interesting to see what other people have done.

I'd be interested in this as well, when is it it? How much?

It's on january 21st

Its twenty five quid but you get unlimited runs

Last time I was there at ten and had over 10 go's and that was in summer I dont expect it to be as busy in january.

A reminder that The Z Club runs a Drag Race Challenge for members and guests and would love to see more 350Z times on the Pod quarter. We normally have six rounds per year and also visit for both JapShow weekends. Points, prizes and the best real world dyno in the UK...

For Z Hall of Fame for drag times posted by all Z and ZX models in the UK, visit http://www.zclub.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2231&d=1156786768

This is our Excel file which will eventually expand to a top 100 (currently capped at 14.9). Supplement pages are for the Drag classes used for our Challenge - 350Z sparsely populated Class 6.

It's on january 21st

Last time I was there at ten and had over 10 go's and that was in summer I dont expect it to be as busy in january.

I'm up for that B)

It's on january 21st

I'm up for that B)

Thats good we can have a head to head you can show me how much faster the gt edition is :)

It's on january 21st

I'm up for that B)

Thats good we can have a head to head you can show me how much faster the gt edition is :)

Don't forget, I am The Stig B)

a quick thing to bear in mind is do not feel ashamed at being beaten by 305s etc at the 1/4 mile (it is different at the traffic light grand prix though)

As the ro weighs similar you will find it hard to get away particularly fast - my advice is if you are going to do it try it with and without t/c on.

A better place than the pod is shakespears raceway as you will get litterally tens of runs for your 20 quid sign on. If you do not warm your tyres up significantly you will spin - traction is great on the 1/4 but the first 60ft can be (suprisingly) easy to spin up with all the rubber there is there.

Best I could manage was a mid 15 despite having very low times for the first 600 - the issue was hooking up the gears which aint that easy in the ro.

If you want to go fast down the 1/4 you need to shed weight - much lower performing cars were making me look slow.

:D I think it would take some running to effect the weight :p

The weird thing is, and i know this is for certain, at the traffic light grand prix I can get away much faster - the start at the 1/4 can be rather slippy...

its a bastard treck from here but if its nice enough weather i might like to venture along too though I want to install the quick shifter before the next trip to the strip