Paypal registration query

stevie_350z

I'm a bit worried by a screen that came up when I was registering for paypal...

After entering my first, basic registration details it came up and said there was a record of me using these details on ebay before and that I needed to type in the credit card details I used then to retrieve my details.

I know Paypal and Ebay are linked, but this sounds a bit dodgy - am I being over cautious? Has anyone else seen this?

also with the padlock icon double click it (i think) and it should bring up a small window showing details of the encryption and which site it's assigned too :)

as been know for dodgy sites to use some other websites secure encrytion - hope that makes sense :wacko:

Why not log on to the Paypal site www.paypal.com and be sure you’re where you think you are. A guy I work with clicked on his link to the Halifax to do some banking and discovered a short while later that someone had been into his account and cleaned him out. It had been a false site he’d gone to, made to look like the official site!

I’ve just had an email from Paypal myself asking me to activate my account by confirming my email address. I clicked the link and was asked for password etc. I DON’T THINK SO. If the hairs on the back of your neck stand up ring them or leave it. You can’t be too cautious when your hard earned bucks are on the line.

Why not log on to the Paypal site www.paypal.com and be sure you’re where you think you are. A guy I work with clicked on his link to the Halifax to do some banking and discovered a short while later that someone had been into his account and cleaned him out. It had been a false site he’d gone to, made to look like the official site!

I’ve just had an email from Paypal myself asking me to activate my account by confirming my email address. I clicked the link and was asked for password etc. I DON’T THINK SO. If the hairs on the back of your neck stand up ring them or leave it. You can’t be too cautious when your hard earned bucks are on the line.

Good advice there

Thanks for all the tips lads.. apart from money bags Captint :)

Two things concerned me: (1) I haven't used paypal or bought anything from ebay b4 (yeah yeah, I know), but (2) why would then need the card number, expiry date and 3digit CVC to find a previous transaction? Why not last four digits or something?

Anyhoo, Prescience I will call that number, muchas.