Estimated pricing for 370z 2012?

ersen.o

Hey guys, i used to own a 350z which i wrote off :( got paid out 12k for it :D:D:D so al together have about 18k cash for my 370z fund!!

BUT im just no willing to pay over 20k, alot of you prob owned 350z from new too, how long did it take before good spec zeds came below 20k? i mean ive seen them hovering around 20-24k lately

I was looking at buying one around janruary 2012, any idea if they will be at my target price range by then?

I'd imagine you shouldn't have too much problem getting one for £20k or certainly not much more.

Put it this way the cheapest on Nissan's website is £22,995 (without satnav) or £23,995 (with satnav). I just paid £23,980 for an 60 plate Roadster so given the right negotiation, or desperate dealer, surely you could get very close or on to your budget.

Then there's private cars; this little belter has been up for sale for 3-4 weeks already and is under £20k now...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

I'd personally not bother waiting, get this one, and enjoy the summer ;) .

I feel like if i buy it now i will be kicking myself in 8 months time if they drop value, theyre pretty much still brand new cars so they have to go down right? :p

I saw that one ;) but I want either red or white, i fell in love with my red 350z and have been dreaming about owning a red 370z with a usdm nismo kit on it every night since i crashed my one :(

Also another problem i find with silver cars is that the market is flooded with them! i feel like they lose value very quickly compared to other colours?

EDIT: just saw your post, yeah to be honest im hoping for 18k myself lol

I feel like if i buy it now i will be kicking myself in 8 months time if they drop value, theyre pretty much still brand new cars so they have to go down right?

Well, it's a car, it's going to drop in value full-stop. The question is, do you buy now, and it'll drop in value (but you've owned & enjoyed it) or wait and buy it for a lesser amount, then it'll still drop in value (and you've owned and enjoyed it for less time).

I personally think they've already dropped like a stone. I may have dropped lucky but mine was 6 months old with 1,700 on the clock and I bought it for £13k less than the original sale price. Now, it's not going to drop like that every 6 months from now is it. If you bide your time, wait for the right car, get a good deal, then surely you'll be happy whether it happens now or in 6-12 months time. I can't see mind being worth much less in another 6 months time to be honest.

Also another problem i find with silver cars is that the market is flooded with them! i feel like they lose value very quickly compared to other colours?

Two sides to this story though. There are more silver cars because the ARE popular, less red cars because they are LESS popular. Being more popular could mean they hold their value because their are more potention buyers whereas a red car could lose value because their aren't so many perspective buyers.

I was watching Z4M Coupes very closely before getting my 370Z. Red ones were worth about £2-3,000 less than silver or black ones. Wicked if you want a red one because you could get a cracking deal. Personally, I think the same with a 370Z, if you want a red one, hold out, and you'll get a cracking price.

I should point out, I'm not having a dig at red cars, they are not for me, just basic facts - more people want silver than red (and you confirmed this my saying 'the market is flooded with them').

edit - just checked to see how accurate my statement about red cars was, on Pistonheads, out of two pages of Z4M Coupes, the three cheapest cars are all red - silver, black & blue are all commanding a higher premium. So, basically, I reckon for you, if you hold out for a red 370Z, you'll get a freakin' brilliant price. All good :thumbs: .

edit 2 - just checked red 370Z's on Pistonheads. Out of 3 pages there is only one. Whilst not the cheapest it certainly isn't asking the premium the others are. A very good deal to be had I'm sure (not on this particular car as it's £27k now).

Hmm i personally thought the rarer the colour the more expensive it ends up, the only reason i got 11k for a jdm 03 zed was because i stressed that the colour and genuine kit was vary rare and the valuer actually said to me he had never seen a red 350z in the flesh!

but then again, as you said Red 370s are going to be cheaper so better for me! just need to wait for someone to buy one and sell it!

I find it funny that potential buyers keep wishing the prices down, only to be pi$$ed off when it comes to selling. Having seen the pictures of the 350 Ersen had I have to agree it was stunning, just not sure the 370Z could match it. I also have only seen one Red Zed in the flesh & just cannot understand why they should be cheaper or less popular. In fact it's the one colour I would want the GTR in B)

Personally when i set out to buy a car, i go for the colour i like the best. If Nissan started doing 370s in Titty Pink,, i am sure they would be rare, but cant see how they would be worth more than other colours.

If i were you dude, just go out shopping and treat yourself!!!

A car is only worth what someone will pay for it. If the colour is rare or desireable then they will be prepared to pay more for it.

Search PH for Ferrari 360's.The first 15 or so are usually Silver. The decent colours (Nero,Rosso,TDF & Giallo) are priced higher as they are more desireable.

Colour makes a huge difference on price. Fact.

As for not buying a car because it's going to depreciate..... :wacko: