New clutch, flywheel and Uprev by Abbey

stuRS

Hello all,

I took my JDM to Abbey a couple of weeks ago for a serious going over (well, relatively speaking). Came away with my new clutch and fly fitted, which was supplied by ZMANALEX and also had it remapped while I was there.

If anyone is considering the Uprev - do it - it really is a fantastic improvement over standard. The car feels healthier at all revs, before it was sluggish at points, now it sings across the entire rev range.

It's made a noticable difference to acceleration too, 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear are much more interesting now and the removal of the 112mph speed limit seems to have improved motorway speed acceleration between 70-90ish.

Over all - very happy with Abbey and the work done. Lovely bunch of people, I'll be going back soon for the dyno session we didn't have time to do.

Got some free stickers too - wehey!

Stu

I did notice a difference in MPG on my way home, averaged 10.8 kms/ltr (JDM clocks :wacko: ) when I normally get about 9 on that trip.

I'm told the dyno work which is included in the Uprev charge is what brings out the mpg difference, but I couldn't get that done on the day as we ran out of time.

The Abbey stickers are my favorite part, don't laugh - but it's nice to have something tangible for the £700-odd quid I spent to remind me of what lies beneath!

The figure of 9 was a guestimate, Mark @ Abbey said the remap will make the mix leaner, but the dyno work which is still outstanding on my car refines the mixutre and ultimately the power output slightly.

You're right though, less fuel = better MPG, and the map they put on my car is much leaner than standard, but not specific to mine.

So happy with the result, hard to quantify but for just over £400, no exhaust or bolt on mod could get close to value for money. It's been an expensive couple of months with Abbey work, tax, mot, 2 new tyres, new windscreen, wheel spacers and clutch parts, but it's transformed the thing.

thanks for the :thumbs: , to quantify what I did, I just uploaded basically a stock map with the throttle map tweaked for better response removed the speed limiter hich wouldn't by itself make any difference to the drivability , I very slightly tweaked the fuel map but nothing major as I didn't have time to run the car on the dyno but after tuning a few of these cars you get the feel for them as to speak.

Wait until I get the car on the dyno it will go even better I am sure.

Wonder if this basic map you be a good idea for people not wanting to travel to me for dyno time they could send me there ECU I could upload the basic map and send the ECU back.

Maybe time for a new thread.

Wasso what colour sticker do you want...... :teeth:

There's a choice?? :doh:

Send us some pics and I'll make a choice. Might look nice with a bit of additional writting and placed on the slam panel under the bonnet.

Cheers

thanks for the :thumbs: , to quantify what I did, I just uploaded basically a stock map with the throttle map tweaked for better response removed the speed limiter hich wouldn't by itself make any difference to the drivability , I very slightly tweaked the fuel map but nothing major as I didn't have time to run the car on the dyno but after tuning a few of these cars you get the feel for them as to speak.

Wait until I get the car on the dyno it will go even better I am sure.

Wonder if this basic map you be a good idea for people not wanting to travel to me for dyno time they could send me there ECU I could upload the basic map and send the ECU back.

Maybe time for a new thread.

Wasso what colour sticker do you want...... :teeth:

I know someone that would be interested in that mate :thumbs: