buying coilovers what to look for???

abc123

hey guys my 2nd mod on my 350z (1st being brembo brake upgrade) is going to be some HKS hypermax ls coilovers, these will be 2nd hand is there anything i should be looking for when i inspect these on purchase... thanks

make sure its got all 4 springs ;)

how much are you looking at spending, as something like the BC coilovers new might be a better option than a 2nd hand set.

BC's for the zed start at arond 450

then get someone fitting them? got my fitting for 80€, then only need to get tracking done for another 60€

all happy customers so far with the BC's. how are you finding them andlid?

please see here

viewtopic.php?f=140&t=40660

note to a previous reply, BC's dont start at £450, even before vat is added, maybe mixing them up with a cheaper coilover

unless totally minted, and very low mileage, second hand coilovers isnt always the best idea, in my opinion

any more questions, please send a PM :)

regards

martin

make sure its got all 4 springs ;)

how much are you looking at spending, as something like the BC coilovers new might be a better option than a 2nd hand set.

BC's for the zed start at arond 450

+1 but think there around £600

Generally... 2nd hand coilovers isn't the best idea unless you know its history.

Afterall, damper is a wear and tear item... so it will fail one day no matter what make it is.

2nd hand coilovers from Japan actually isn't the best idea because you have to think about service also.

It is false economy to buy something that are £400 thinking you got a good deal, just to find out that the only way to service them is to send it back to Japan or buy a brand new damper from Japan if things goes wrong... UK Support is very important.

As far as what coilovers to go for, it depends on what you want to do with your car?

Do you just want to lower it? How low do you want to go?

What type of road surfaces will you drive on most often (Fast Uneven Country Roads or Dead Flat Track Surfaces).

All that will make a difference of what is best for you.

We just recently finish off our MeisterR Zeta-S and the new Zeta-R suspension for the 350Z

The Zeta-S will be a standard fitment coilovers, but of course it will be our normal dual perch design.

The Zeta-R will be a True Coilovers fitment, and will come with a new adjustable rear toe arm to replace the standard arms.

People looking for easy adjustments and also more control over their suspension setup would love the Zeta-R as it makes adjusting height and changing springs rate much easier than the standard fitment.

You will also have more control over the rear toe setting, especially when you are going low. :)