Motorised number plate bracket - pictures please

marzman

Hi all,

To all the people who bought the motorised number plate brackets last year - has anyone got any pictures of the device before you fitted it?

I want to make my own from scratch... i've been coming up with a few designs myself and trying to make my own linear actuator - but looking at one of the pictures on the Swift website the unit appears to be driven by a pulley? Is this correct?

Any pictures would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi,

Drop me a pm with your email address I have a video on my phone that might be able to help :thumbs:

Just received matey - legend. Shows me exactly what i needed to know.

Thats the rest of my week off sorted now... :D

Your still a member trader aren't you ;)

Might be interested if you are planning on making some :thumbs:

I am... :) I paid my dues and then only sold 1 LED kit before selling my zed... :lol:

I want to get a working concept this week if possible before deciding what to do... im not sure i'l bother going down the remote control route as that just increases the cost... i might just put it on a 3 way rocker switch.

Remember chatting about this at Modified Live.

Best of luck with the prototype, will be watching with interest. Might even meet up for a demo??

Did you ever get round to sorting your centre cap? Will you need to remove bumper for the No. plate mod?

Only ask cos I'm in process of getting a few quotes for front and rear bumper re spray so thanks for Whittles recommend and will keep you posted.

if your fitting it to be naughty and avoid the law, then yes you'll be in trouble. but if you don't use it on the public high way how would the police man know?

i had mine for shows and meets and photos, as the car looked better with out a plate on. but i never turned iton when i drove, or stopped on the public roads.