How many miles?

fusion350z

Ive only done a few hundred in mine so far (car is on 24k) but I sold my first car after 21k & my last car after 7k. My cars normally last about 12months before I get bored of them. By that time ive normally done all the mods that I planned but I think the Zed is a keeper, everything is expensive so it will take me longer to finish :teeth:

I've done a lot of long distance trips in my first year, clocking up 18k (6k more than planned!).

Like Digsy, any excuse will do for a spin. I'm hoping the long journeys are kinder to the engine than short hops, and next year I plan to buy / borrow a little runabout to keep the mileage down. I plan to have done 24k by end of next year - that only leaves me 6, including one planned trip to Nurburgring + possibly joining Val + crew in Europe... I'll never make it...

On the long journeys I still love the fact you can do 80 @ ~3K RPM in 6th.

LOL

Done 12,650 in 20 months.

I drive up to 20k miles a year but want to keep the Z for the long term so use a 2nd car and use the Z for pleasure driving.

1900 of the miles were for my summer holiday so I am doing really well. My original target was no more than 9k p.a. so I'm pretty happy.

Also since I put what I used to save into a bigger house as an investment last August, I no longer have the money to replace the Z so I want to keep it for a long time so wll need to control the mileage.

I drive up to 20k miles a year but want to keep the Z for the long term so use a 2nd car and use the Z for pleasure driving.

1900 of the miles were for my summer holiday so I am doing really well. My original target was no more than 9k p.a. so I'm pretty happy.

Also since I put what I used to save into a bigger house as an investment last August, I no longer have the money to replace the Z so I want to keep it for a long time so wll need to control the mileage.

I'd like to get a runaround because I'm piling on the mileage on the zed, but I know I'd be driving the other car, hating it, wishing I was driving the zed. :(

I'd like to get a runaround because I'm piling on the mileage on the zed, but I know I'd be driving the other car, hating it, wishing I was driving the zed. :(

Yep me too! Covered about 10k in 9 months. I hate racking up the mileage but can't see another way! Only option is to get a job closer to home which doesn't bother me as I hate what I do - just it's an ar*se the whole new job applying etc..... :thumbdown:

You would be surprised. I used to have an MG ZR which was basically a heap of junk even although it was a 54 plate. I changed it in June for a new Clio Campus Sport 1.2.

I love driving the Z, but because the Clio is such a good car to drive I am more than happy to drive it and it also makes the times when you do drive the Z more enjoyable and you appreciate it more. When I was in the MG, I hared every minute of it.

Until this week as I have been on holiday, I hadn't driven the Z much in the past 5 weeks, used less than a tank of petrol.

You would be surprised. I used to have an MG ZR which was basically a heap of junk even although it was a 54 plate. I changed it in June for a new Clio Campus Sport 1.2.

I love driving the Z, but because the Clio is such a good car to drive I am more than happy to drive it and it also makes the times when you do drive the Z more enjoyable and you appreciate it more. When I was in the MG, I hared every minute of it.

Until this week as I have been on holiday, I hadn't driven the Z much in the past 5 weeks, used less than a tank of petrol.

Same here. My zed hasnt been used since Sunday & wont be used until Friday next week. Asmuch as I love the zed it was never an option as an everyday car for me, partly due to my heavy right foot :teeth: . Unfortunatley I work every other weekend but every call out I attend it makes more money for Zed goodies :teeth:

I'm at 29,000 after fourteen months (its my day to day car).

Mileage rate is slowing since I moved house, so I reckon my three years will be the 54k mark (and the BIG service!).

Hope to keep it after that cos its been so much fun and I have regrets about letting one previous car go (30 years ago!). I will get something else but will keep it for when I need a reminder of the times I've had (inc: Abindon track day, Millbrook driver training and, last weekend, 30 laps of Nurburgring).

Besides, my son wants it left in my Will!

Oh! And its also a special ultra colour! :D

I'm at 29,000 after fourteen months (its my day to day car).

Mileage rate is slowing since I moved house, so I reckon my three years will be the 54k mark (and the BIG service!).

Hope to keep it after that cos its been so much fun and I have regrets about letting one previous car go (30 years ago!). I will get something else but will keep it for when I need a reminder of the times I've had (inc: Abindon track day, Millbrook driver training and, last weekend, 30 laps of Nurburgring).

Besides, my son wants it left in my Will!

Oh! And its also a special ultra colour! :D

Nice one!