GT-R Running Costs..

cerealuk

Was looking on autotrader and spotted one for £38k.. I'm thinking it wont be long till you can pick one up for £30k at which point this would be a hell of a lot of car for the money and very tempting!

The thing that worries me though is the running costs, am I right in thinking they have a P1/2/3 schedule the same as the 350 zed, but need doing every 6 months ? Any idea of the costs of each service?

The last time my buddy serviced his he got a 2.5k bill for it.

That's why there's so many for sale tbh

:scare::scare::scare:

Yikes, that's what bothers me... at £30k I could afford the finance payments and budget in about £100/month for running costs but any more than that I just couldn't justify/afford

...unless I live in the car.....

It was Paul I was talking about stew :thumbs:

I was pretty much in the same boat. Before I bought the zed and Suzuki I got all the finance sorted out. Couldn't afford to run it though. Nearly bought a Ferrari 360 modena also and was the same for that. So ended up with a 12k Suzuki and a 20k zed :lol: in retrospect I think the bills would have been about the same now. :blush:

Yikes, that's what bothers me... at £30k I could afford the finance payments and budget in about £100/month for running costs but any more than that I just couldn't justify/afford

It was Paul I was talking about stew :thumbs:

I was pretty much in the same boat. Before I bought the zed and Suzuki I got all the finance sorted out. Couldn't afford to run it though. Nearly bought a Ferrari 360 modena also and was the same for that. So ended up with a 12k Suzuki and a 20k zed :lol: in retrospect I think the bills would have been about the same now. :blush:

Is a shame about the running costs :thumbdown::thumbdown: I do have the option of pulling 6 day weeks at work (the 6th day would pay the extra needed for the running costs) but not sure how long I could last with only 1 day/week off :thumbdown:

Oh well, there's always the lottery

yikes just found this, copied from: http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=255032

Nissan GTR

6,000 mile service (or 6 months) £683.00 inc vat

12,000 mile service (or 6 months) £683.00 inc vat

Please note that the below costs are tentative costs and subject to final confirmation and change.

Maintenance Inspections

A performance optimisation service will be carried out at 1500 miles (mileage subject to final confirmation).

Maintenance Inspections will then be carried out at 12, 24 and 36 months.

These first four Maintenance Inspections are included in the price of your GT-R.

Costs of any future Maintenance Inspections will be announced at an appropriate date in the future.

Scheduled Servicing

The service interval for the GT-R is 6000 miles/6 months whichever comes sooner.

Tentative service cost examples have been provided by Nissan and are as follows (the following examples are an annual cost based on the quoted mileage):

Up to 12,000 miles per annum:

£785 for scheduled servicing

£4150 for scheduled servicing and replacement of brake discs and pads all round.

18,000 miles per annum:

£1725 for scheduled servicing

£5090 for scheduled servicing and replacement of brake discs and pads all round.

Cost of replacement tyres will be announced as soon as prices are available

although:

http://www.litchfieldimports.co.uk/niss ... vicing.asp

Example service prices:

Using the Nissan recommended Mobil1 fully synthetic oil

6,000Mile / 6 Month (G1) Service £149.98 Inc. VAT (£124.98+VAT)

12,000Mile / 12 Month (G2) Service with Optimisation Inspection £326.99 Inc. VAT (£272.49+VAT)

18,000 Mile / 18 Month (G1) Service £556.56 Inc. VAT (£463.80+VAT)

Seems a lot more sensible

Still got brakes and tyres though. It's a heavy car so won't go easy on either.

Aye, seems like if Im doing <9000miles/yr (this would be my only car) then I would need to budget £200-£250/month for running costs

So assuming a cost of £30k for the GTR (when they drop to this price) and I get £8k for my zed.. £450/month on the finance and £250/month running costs = £700/month + petrol

.. pushing it a bit :scare::scare::scare:

Guys ... this is a supercar!

Surely if running costs are an issue then its not the car for you, If you buy any super/hyper car then you can afford it no matter what!

Thats why guys like me buy the 350z ... its a helluva car for family hatchback money...end of!

Surely if running costs are an issue then its not the car for you, If you buy any super/hyper car then you can afford it no matter what!

Thats why guys like me buy the 350z ... its a helluva car for family hatchback money...end of!

Exactly.

It's pitched as a bargain because to buy it is. To run it's average / cheap for the company it keeps.

Exactly.

It's pitched as a bargain because to buy it is. To run it's average / cheap for the company it keeps.

+2

People buy it as the initial cost is so low. Even Nissan has said it is a supercar and is serviced as such. The 350z and 370z are basically large Micra engines with bits bolted on (as they are NA) and dont throw down a whole load of power and dont have complicated drive trains. The GTR is a whole other animal completely and should be considered as up there with Fezza and Lambo as a supercar.

I was seriously tempted by one until I realised (a) I'd need another mortgage to finance the running costs, (B) it doesnt fit in the garage, © depreciation is massive as people buy them, run them til the first few services are up (some free I beleive) and then try to shift them.

:snack: I'd say if you did all the servicing yourself it wouldnt be to bad expensive to keep unless they're some mad service that you cannot actually do yourself, only thing is that you'd be buying the car for life since nobody would buy it off you unless stamped (I wouldn'T) company car... B)

Exactly.

+2

People buy it as the initial cost is so low. Even Nissan has said it is a supercar and is serviced as such. The 350z and 370z are basically large Micra engines with bits bolted on (as they are NA) and dont throw down a whole load of power and dont have complicated drive trains. The GTR is a whole other animal completely and should be considered as up there with Fezza and Lambo as a supercar.

I was seriously tempted by one until I realised (a) I'd need another mortgage to finance the running costs, (B) it doesnt fit in the garage, © depreciation is massive as people buy them, run them til the first few services are up (some free I beleive) and then try to shift them.

At one point, second hand prices were going up for them which was crazy, im pretty sure the guy at EVO sold his for more or less what he bought it for 1 year later. (Although i could be quoteing my memory completely wrong!)

In a few years time the prices of servicing will be right down, its just that now they are still rare, still pricey so they know they can charge a load.

The best thing about them though, is as they have seats in the back they make a perfect "Family car" when your gf/wife/spouse starts to moan you need a 4 seater!

TBH - as has already been said if running costs are a consideration for you (as they are for most of us :shrug: ) then its not even a realistic pipe dream :thumbdown:

It is a beautiful machine -certainly would be my first purchase if I had an unexpected windfall - but not worth getting yourself into hock for :)

My old man has saved a whole bunch of money opting for the service plan where they fix the amount you pay per month (so you sort of pre-pay for your services every month) it ends up being cheaper.

And surprisingly when looking at the mpg gauge on the motorway you can get like 40mpg... ive even seen 50 its actually a very efficient engine... but then you floor it and it goes to around 4 :lol:

But if your looking at a GTR mate the running costs are a bit of a joke + the services every 6 months, don't stretch too far mate, the 100 quid will cover one tank of v-power or tesco momentum... get a 370 :thumbs:

Its a very complex bit of machinery so servicing is naturally expensive... what do you expect from a car with a tranny built purposely for that specific hand made engine :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well maybe they might be a bit cheaper to run with the most current model, I'm talking the latest, not the 2009 model. There have been a number of changes. Including 390 horses, and 0-100km in 3 seconds. :scare::scare::scare: