A night out with some drifters...

chrisgunton

I had a bit of a different night out last night, but fun!

Went to a local pub for a drink and meal with a crew of drifters and their resident photogapher. Had a great meal and then went out to the car park where my Zed got a surprising amount of love from them..."skidding in comfort!" :)

After walking around each others cars we headed out in a convoy of S15s, a Seat Ibiza (the photographer) and me to some big ass roundabouts.

Lots of sideways action on the way there when the roads were empty, and a LOT of sidewas action, and smoke, and blatting exhausts when we got to the big roundabouts. A few bewildered bystanders had to wait a few seconds to get on to the roundabouts but no hassle.

I should point out that all this time I'm pulled over with a mate watching from side roads! I don't endorse this at all, nor do I want the points, fines, or damage to my car!

Last round about of the 3, 3 cars drifting in formation, the photographer on the roundabout snapping away............police van turns up :doh:

2 of the drifters leave the scene very sharpish while the van blocked one in. I decided to casually get the F out of the area as casually as possible! The photographer was held by the fuzz too.

Caught up with everyone later in the evening - no fines or points handed out! Couldn't believe their luck!

Will see if I can get hold of the photos. Was a very strange night!

I would have thought they would have been done for reckless driving... :shrug:

Lucky boys

+1 Dont bother posting any pics up. This forum does not condone reckless driving on public roads. :dry:

Understand the thread locking, I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't drifting, and I certainly don't condone it - I was just following these guys for an evening and was amazed no one got into trouble for it.

Thanks to Chris for letting me post this.