Can You Find Owner Of A Number Plate ?

Derek_ZR

There is a plate that I saw for sale once about 2 years ago on a car forum and due to price at the time, I didn't buy it.

Now I woud be interested in trying to get a plate but don't have anyway of tracking down the owner of theplate.

Is there anyway of finding out who owns it ?

Not offcially, but can allegedly be done if you have the "right" connections.

This is one reason why many people don't like their number plates showing in photos - someone browsing the forum could find your address and pay you a visit in the middle of the night and "ask" for your keys.

Gus

Not offcially, but can allegedly be done if you have the "right" connections.

This is one reason why many people don't like their number plates showing in photos - someone browsing the forum could find your address and pay you a visit in the middle of the night and "ask" for your keys.

Gus

I just want the number plate, I will leave the keys alone :D

Don't suppose you know of anyone with these right connections Gus ?

There is an alternative plate that I could buy which is cheaper but as I intend to keep the plate for all future cars then I would mind paying the extra and getting the perfect plate.

Well perfect plate isn't the word as I can't afford that one :)

I once owned a plate which I got fed up with and couldn't sell it despite trying hard. In the end Arnold Clark messed up putting the plate on retention and couldn't fix their mistake without my help so I said I would sue for damages if they didn't give me cash for what I paid for the plate and my £105 back for putting it on retention. Sweet revenge on AC :D

Then the last plate I had was P20G CC which was sold for a good profit :p

Never had a private plate for the Z and wouldn't mind getting one.

There is a plate that I saw for sale once about 2 years ago on a car forum and due to price at the time, I didn't buy it.

Now I woud be interested in trying to get a plate but don't have anyway of tracking down the owner of theplate.

Is there anyway of finding out who owns it ?

You can find out if it is registered to a specific car by typing in the reg number HERE!

At least you will know if it is still for sale I guess LOL. :blush:

Nah, sorry Derek, don't have any dodgy mates :)

Got myself a new plate recently, K* GUS ( surname is Kay, so I have my full surname and my forename :D This will be for keeps and only cost £800 )

Gus

My plate, L14M **, only cost me £250 :yahoo:

You sure???

Yup. :teeth:

Got myself a new plate recently, K* GUS ( surname is Kay, so I have my full surname and my forename :D This will be for keeps and only cost £800 )

Gus

You sure???

What so you didn't pay VAT / Transfer fee???...

Btw what's with the L14M ** nowadays???...

Gus

You sure???

What so you didn't pay VAT / Transfer fee???...

Btw what's with the L14M ** nowadays???...

That was including the VAT and transfer fee pal!!!!!!!!! Bought it direct from the dvla, just like these ones http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/home/en/Searc ... &start=100

;)

Gus

You sure???

How much was your "LIAM" plate Liam?

Gus

You sure???

How much was your "LIAM" plate Liam?

Sounds like he paid more than me :)

Yep - Always best to check the DVLA first, as most of these reg sites dont carry masses of stock, they just mark up the DVLA price and work on the basis that their advertising and web site search results rank higher than the DVLA.

Got both mine and the other halfs for £250 each from the DVLA.