Road pads for Brembo's

Daze

Hey guys,

Got a 54 plate 350z with the Brembo setup and it currently has Performance Friction 01 pads fitted, although I'm finding them quite noisy at low speeds!

Yet to take them out and grease them, so hopefully that will do the trick. However, worst case scenario I don't mind paying out for new pads, plus they're probably getting low anyway! :thumbs:

So which ones would you guys suggest? I don't drive my car on the track, and it doesn't really get driven hard even on the road, just a normal "daily" for me, with the odd spirited drive on the weekend ;)

Cool! Cheers for the reply buddy. Is it the Ferodos ds2500 you're referring to? I had a bit of a bad experience with those in the past, on a previous (non-z) car of mine, very very noisy...?

If its one thing I hate, brake squeal has got to be it! haha :bangin:

Cool! Cheers for the reply buddy. Is it the Ferodos ds2500 you're referring to? I had a bit of a bad experience with those in the past, on a previous (non-z) car of mine, very very noisy...?

If its one thing I hate, brake squeal has got to be it! haha :bangin:

Hah, well, my dixcels aren't noisy at least, may have been mixed reports on the ds2500's from what I've seen.

Ah, yes, ages back zmanalex mentioned to me the z compound had been discontinued for a new compound.

Think you're best off asking him how the z replacement pads compare.

ebc yellowstuff are awesome and very wisely priced. i haved tried and tested on the track also. no squeal at all.

Don't like them :p Well, at least not on drilled rotors.

lol is it ebc rotors? if it is then they are probs your problem. The pads are fantastic value for money. Im running ebc bluestuff ndx track pads and had very little squeal. I installed them as advised without copper grease and they have been perfect tbh. Never over heated them doing 25miles on track at a time with very heavy braking etc

lol is it ebc rotors? if it is then they are probs your problem. The pads are fantastic value for money. Im running ebc bluestuff ndx track pads and had very little squeal. I installed them as advised without copper grease and they have been perfect tbh. Never over heated them doing 25miles on track at a time with very heavy braking etc

Nah, those were the ones on the m3 drilled rotors. Not good on a track and weren't brilliant on road either.

I think they're fine on slotted/flat discs, but I'd still rather have performance friction/dixcel/endless/ferodo.

Nah, those were the ones on the m3 drilled rotors. Not good on a track and weren't brilliant on road either.

I think they're fine on slotted/flat discs, but I'd still rather have performance friction/dixcel/endless/ferodo.

alot of the time attack cars are running bluestuff for full seasons with no issues. Its all new compounds now from ebc. getting very good ratings. the ferrodos are not street legal pads like the bluestuff ndx pads btw. Thats why they squeel alot

The vids from raf valley of the v8 skyline on track... he's running bluestuff on that and loves them.

Yellowstuff are a perfect balance of cost and performance for anybody looking for a road pad

DS 2500 is the way to go :thumbs:

There is no noise if installed properly and very little brake dust, work great from cold and require no warm up. :thumbs:

They are street legal and you will have no issues in that respect. :thumbs:

I am not a fan of EBC products, to many complaints and failures and after sales service sucks.

I also carry the full range of Performance Friction is stock however, they do tend to be a tad noisy and would be a bit overkill for your application.

This is what you need :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=27438&start=0

In stock and good to go same/next day.

Drop me a pm if I can help you further mate :thumbs:

Alex. :)

Brilliant, thank you all for your informative replies :thumbs:

Beau quickly PM'd me after I put this thread up who is selling a full set of these...

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/ ... ct=3932699

How would they compare to the DS2500, EBC's, etc?

I would imagine "stock" pads would suit me fine, as I say I don't drive it hard at all. I leave that to my other car! :blush: <--

Craigs ds2500 squeal like a bitch. I got informed that they don't meet the eu standards for road pads ? I'm sure this is on another thread on here also.

:shrug:

DS 2500 is the way to go :thumbs:

There is no noise if installed properly and very little brake dust, work great from cold and require no warm up. :thumbs:

They are street legal and you will have no issues in that respect. :thumbs:

I am not a fan of EBC products, to many complaints and failures and after sales service sucks.

I also carry the full range of Performance Friction is stock however, they do tend to be a tad noisy and would be a bit overkill for your application.

This is what you need :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=27438&start=0

In stock and good to go same/next day.

Drop me a pm if I can help you further mate :thumbs:

Alex. :)

Beau quickly PM'd me after I put this thread up who is selling a full set of these...

I would imagine "stock" pads would suit me fine, as I say I don't drive it hard at all. I leave that to my other car! :blush: <--

The standard pads won't be as good and probably wear out much quicker. For the sake of spending an extra 20-30quid I would definitely recommend something more performance related.

Ferodo DS 2500 is far superior to Brembo in all departments and cheaper. :thumbs:

Ferodo DS 2500 is far superior to Brembo in all departments and cheaper. :thumbs:

Yea? Are they 100% going to be silent though? I was just thinking stock (Brembo) would be best to go for since they would be silent from factory.

Also Beau's price on his new-in-box price is (a fair bit!) cheaper than new DS2500's... :blush:

I don't want to step on toes, but quite honestly, the oem brembos are rubbish compared to the dixcels at least and i'm guessing it would be similar with the ferodos.

I wouldn't want to put them back on.

My dixcels did seem to have a slight squeak until they were bedded in though, but they've been fine since.

I don't want to step on toes, but quite honestly, the oem brembos are rubbish compared to the dixcels at least and i'm guessing it would be similar with the ferodos.

My dixcels did seem to have a slight squeak until they were bedded in though, but they've been fine since.

That's cool, no worries :) where did you get your dixcels? from? Never heard of that make lol

That's cool, no worries :) where did you get your dixcels? from? Never heard of that make lol

Indirectly from dixon motorsport. MWTech supplied me them :thumbs:

http://www.dixcel.co.jp/en/rotor_fcr.html