Banana arms nut size

dobby

My garage was half way through stripping the banana arms off to change the bushes when they got stuck getting the balljoint nut off. They mangled the nuts in the process so I need new ones. Nissan want £38 each for them so does anyone know the size of them so I can get them at a normal price?

Cheers

My garage was half way through stripping the banana arms off to change the bushes when they got stuck getting the balljoint nut off. They mangled the nuts in the process so I need new ones. Nissan want £38 each for them so does anyone know the size of them so I can get them at a normal price?

Cheers

Loads of preowned in stock but at £2.00 a pop then best to get new ones from Nissan :thumbs:

The garage I used is an Indie Nissan garage. I will go to the dealers with the part number above cheers. If no luck I'm heading your way ZMANALEX. :p Its amazing where all these prices come from. Sometimes I am left lost for words.

What :surrender: £38 !!! i paid £11 minus VAT each from Nissan worcester :scare: and felt iit was too much for a nut :wacko:

Trackpig you sure is £2 from your local?! I should have words with mine :rant:

I was told that price on the phone.

I pick them up in the morning, so i'll report back.

You guys must have too much cash if you can pay £38 or £11 for a nut! :scare:

Well I went to the dealers armed with the part number. £1.25 each but they have to order them in :headhurt: Getting them on Saturday I hope. The guy did say the part number has changed. It was now 089112421A. Probably varies dealer to dealer mind.

Thanks for the help guys.

I had a tricky time of trying to remove the compression arms at the weekend!

I removed the under tray and brace all without a problem. All I had to do was remove the nut from the ball joint on each arm.

I started with the passenger side as I thought that one was the one knocking.

The nut was seriously tight. I obviously was as gentle as possible as I didnt want to damage any thing but had to get more persuasive. I finally removed the nut after using vaious combinations of tools, jacks, heat and wd40. The nut was tight all the way down the balljoint thread and fought all the way. This took around 3 hours to remove!!!

The nut wasnt in the best of condition when I got it off and would not go back on the ball joint. No problem I thought as I have been very clever and bought the nut from Nissan yesterday. Yes, except its not the correct nut :headhurt:

I am now in the situation where I cant put the car back together and my girlfriend is walking to work on monday.

I call Nissan on Saturday morning and tell them we got the wrong nuts. It is indeed £18 per nut for the correct ones and I can have them on Tuesday :headhurt: .

I then try a motorists dicount center to see if they have the M14x1.5 (fine thread) nut I need. I have to buy a whole whole ball joint for a BMW at £9 just for the nut. It works though!

I am now at the point where I know I can put the car together but still have the other side to do. I inspected the compression arm bushes and both look in really good condition (I know at least one of the arms has been replaced by previous owners).

I decide to reassemble the car as I dont think the bushes need changing.

Once complete, I test drive the car and find the knocking has gone. I cant belive it. The car feels great on its knock free suspension.

I think the arm had been replaced in the past by Nissan but the thread of the nut was damaged but done up with a air gun. I reckon there was was very slight play in beween the ball joint cone and hub and this caused the knocking.

Just glad its sorted :yahoo:

Wow what a nightmare. I got mine done today and I got told they were the wrong nuts too. :bang: Atleast the guy pinched some off a Micra. Most of my knocking is gone but not all of it. It will do for now though.

All I needed to know was the size of the nut but part numbers cant do that. Gay :thumbdown: