Newbie Service Question...

rogerxp

Hi guys, placed a deposit on a 10 plate GT Roadster with less than 2k on the clock on Friday, but just wondering whether I should get the dealer to service it before it's delivered???

I guess not but thought I'd run it past you guys.

I've read the intervals are simply every 9,000 miles so timewise makes no difference i.e. I've got 7,000 miles to go before it needs servicing even if it takes me another 18-24 months to achieve???

Thanks in advance :thumbs: .

No need but see if you can get them to throw in free servicing when the time is due. My local garage (Wilsons of Epsom) will not service 370's so I now go to Nissan Motorline a HPC that is in Tunbridge Wells - very helpful there and they give discounts to members on here if that location suits you for a long drive :lol:

I'm pretty sure it's 9k or 12 months for service, which ever comes sooner. So if it's a 10 plate it could need a service soon.

I'd tell them you want it serviced.

Could anyone confirm this point. If that's the case then yes I'll be asking in the morning. Thanks chaps :thumbs: .

Yes it is 9000 mls or 12 months, mine is a 10 plate and i have just had it done with 3K on clock @ £225 at dealer i bought it from. Try and get service thrown in with the deal, it will cost the dealer next to nothing. HTH

Thanks. I'll take this up tomorrow.

Problem is, the car is staggeringly cheap (and I mean staggeringly cheap), and I know they're at absolute rock bottom already. The car is in Northern Ireland and I'm obviously not so getting it transported over here. I've knocked them down on cost but couldn't get them to fund it (to be honest I'd easily burn my way through the £220 quoted on flight/ferry/fuel so I'm quite happy with paying). No movement on tax either so I've gotta pay for the lot.

I reckon I can safely argue that the service should be included though as it's from a main dealer so should really have been done before sale anyway - thinking about it, I've not checked, it may already have been done, but will find out. It will cost them bugger all though.

I really should have gone over anyway to sign the finance papers (should be done on-site) but persuaded them that I can easily sign them at a local Nissan dealer. I know the Sales Manager at Westway Manchester so they forms will be faxed to him in the morning and I'll skip over and sign them. Sorted.

I'm away this weekend so reckon my new toy will arrive on Monday :yahoo: . Starting to get a little excited :teeth: .

Found out the car was only registered in September so is on a 60 plate. It's not 12 months old yet so service not due.

Finance forms signed, deposit paid, just waiting for confirmation of when the transport company will deliver it (likely to be Monday - I'm away until then anyway so could be perfect timing).

I picked up a 10 plate 370 roadster last Saturday, it had 1100 miles on the clock and is 10 months old,

They serviced it with out even asking.

I helped my daughter to buy a car from Lookers Vauxhal recently an 07 Astra we got nearly 2k off the screen price, 4 new tyres and a full service thrown in:) The salesman told us they have way to much stock and will bend over backwards for a sale at the moment.