Not so much car detailing, more house alarm

tez162003

Just a quick random post about something I had to do over the weekend.

My boss at work is currently extending his house left right and centre, and when he move's back in everything has to be brand new and perfect. Even the fecking house alarm cover.

Exhibit A: New swirled house alarm cover, its not painted just black plastic. It sits up at the top of the house and will only ever be seen from afar.

DSC04129.jpg

I then got asked to detail it, to get it looking mint. Okay so he didnt expect me to machine it, but sod doing this by hand, cutting through this plastic was hard work, lots of deep swirls and scratches. lol

Method:

3m Black Pad

Menzerna Fast Gloss

Menzerna Intensive Polish

Menzerna Final Finish (PO 106 FA)

Quick Detailer to remove excess

PB Black Hole (just because I was bored and never use Black Hole on anything else)

The finished pic is pants though as I left to go drop it at the house, and actually forgot it, then realised I forgot to get a final ic, so grabbed one quickly. Wasn't in the correct light though :(

DSC04136-1.jpg

Just thought id post for the sheer randomness of it. :lol:

haha, my boss's house is still a building site, he would never have something as cheap as that glass table in his house. The man just put £10,000 deposit down on the new TV! The fancy wiring system with control units in each room blah blah blah throughout the house is something like £40,000. The list of costs is literally endless.

That shocking glass table would be sat in the crappy place where I rent a room from :(

Ha ha Amazing effort though Terry, its amazing what a bit of polish does!

How long did it take to do though??

I tend to stick cream on a pad and giove it a few swipes, before moving onto the next phase..... I think my prob is I done do it long enough??

For example i reckon id only spend 20 mins on it, if that.........

haha no he is not a Porsche driver. :lol:

He drives 2010 Range Rover, Bentley GTC, Big Merc thingy and Small Merc thingy.

D4XNY, 20 minutes to do a whole car? Your probably doing more damage than good if your not letting the polish break down. just like rubbing sand all over paintwork if your doing that.

I too like everything to be at its best, hence im known as the guy with OCD at work. :) and why i have been detailing for 4 or so years